Two employees two pay cycles one bank file?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
KF2
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Two employees two pay cycles one bank file?

Hello,

I am quite new to payroll and not sure if this is something to ask here. 

We have a permanent part time employee who works Monday to Friday and pays are processed Friday mornings.

We also have a casual employee who works some Fridays (hours unknown)

What is the best way to record both pays?  Should the casual worker be on a different paycycle so the Friday hours can be included?

If so, am I able to pay the two employees for different pay cycles (understand I need to enter start, end and pay dates as per individual) and if so, do both pay amounts get added to the one bank file?

Example:

Employee 1 part time Saturday to Friday

Employee 2 casual Wednesday to Tuesday

Thank you in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Two employees two pay cycles one bank file?

Hi @KF2 

Thanks for your post. Generally speaking, the pay cycle is determined by what works best for the business and it's employees, you just need to ensure you are meeting your fairwork obligations. With regard to the ABA file, if your employees are being paid on different days you would need to create separate ABA files.

Personally I was not a fan of processing and paying wages on friday because it leaves no room for when things go wrong. For example, your bank's internet banking is down, a personal reason that means you can't process pays, no internet/power that prevents you from paying your employees before the weekend. If you process and pay on Thursday, you've got Friday as a backup to make sure your employees are paid before the weekend. But that's just my personal opinion and tip, you can certainly pay on friday's if it works for you.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

KF2
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Two employees two pay cycles one bank file?

Thank you Tracey Smiley Happy

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post