USER CREATED ENTITLEMENTS - not showing on paylip (e.g. Long Service Leave, Time in Lieu)

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LidiaP
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

USER CREATED ENTITLEMENTS - not showing on paylip (e.g. Long Service Leave, Time in Lieu)

Changes to Long Service Leave in Victoria: PENALTIES MAY APPLY WHERE AN EMPLOYER: refuses an employee’s request to be provided with a copy of a long service leave record relating to the employee;

I've been using MYOB payrol for 16 years now and I know all the ins and outs.

1. I have setup  Long Service Leave (LSL) in MYOB  as a Custom Entitlement.
  2. I have ticked Show on payslip and  filled in Linked wage category
  3. I've also setup and the BALANCE of LSL for each employee,  before I rolled over myob for FY 2020
  4. Although the entitlement is setup to Show on payslip it doesn't show even if the person has taken LSL via the wage category linked to the entitlement.
  5. I rang MYOB and the payroll support was unable to help. The person was following the script trying to find mistakes in the setup.
  6. I've also sent an email to payrollsupport showing snapshots and proving proof that the LSL balance was correctly calculated and displayed on the Entitlement Balance Summary and Details, but not shown on the payslip
  7. I have setup Time In LIEU as user entitlement 2 years ago, but that one is not working properly either
  8. Conclusion: USER- setup entitlements DON'T WORK in MYOB payroll

I am expecting USER Entitlements to work exactly as Annual and Sick Leave entitlements, as they are no different.

PLEASE HELP so I can provide the employees with the LSL owed, as per Victorian LSL ACT 2018. Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: USER CREATED ENTITLEMENTS - not showing on paylip (e.g. Long Service Leave, Time in Lieu)

Hi @LidiaP 

Thanks for your post and for providing so much information. Can I check that if you go into Setup>>Preferences>>Reports and Forms tab>>Include all YTD amounts and entitlement balances on paycheque stubs has been ticked. 

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

LidiaP
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: USER CREATED ENTITLEMENTS - not showing on paylip (e.g. Long Service Leave, Time in Lieu)

Hi Tracey,

Yes, I have checked and it was ticked.

LidiaP
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I've sent comprehensive screenshots to payrollsupportau supporting my post.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @LidiaP 

Can I please clarify if the employee has taken LSL in this financial year?  If not, the accrual won't appear on the payslip until the entitlement is paid through Process Payroll. This is the same for all entitlements, they don't appear on payslips until they are paid through Process Payroll in the current payroll year.

If the employee hasn't taken LSL you can record a pay for 1 hour LSL, zeroing out all other amounts and hours, then reverse that pay. This will create a record of LSL being used in Process Payroll so the entitlment will appear on payslips.

Please let me know how you go with this.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

LidiaP
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

Yes, 2 employees have taken LSL this financial year (via the linled wage account). The LSL entitlement balance doesn't shown on their payslip.

On the other hand: Due to legislation changes in LSL-Victoria, this entitlement balance has to be provided to the employee regardless if it was taken or not.

https://www.business.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0007/1748860/Comprehensive-Guide-to-the-Victo...

I undertand that for the time being the LSL will not be available on payslips.

I woul appreciate if MYOB could fix this ASAP so we can comply with the current LSL legislation.

Thank you

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @LidiaP 

Apologies for not making my previous response clearer. AccountRight 2019 works on the principle that the entitlement category will appear on payslips if the entitlement has been used i.e. had a value accrue for the current payroll year. When an employee is paid LSL, the amount is recorded against the wage payroll category but for the entitlement to appear on payslips the entitlement category needs to have a value against it. Recording a pay with a value against the entitlement category, then reversing that pay will show the entitlement balance on payslips.

Based on my review of the documentation you have provided and additional documentation from other sources there is no required provision to have that information available on the payslips. it merely does need to be provided should the employee request that information.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

LidiaP
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

Thank you for suggestion.

LSL balance is directly related to the employees working time.

I've decided to keep track of the LSL entitlement in MYOB and not use external spreadsheets.

As I previously mentioned, I added the balances of LSL at the end of FY 2019, but after the rollover to FY2020, LSL did not show on the payslips.

Employees were taking LSL as per new legislation, but the decreased balance wasn’t showing.

As per your suggestion, adding the accrued LSL for the current FY with a zero wage pay run, had fixed the issue and the LSL it is now sowing on the payslips.

Thank you for your help.

Suggestion for developers:

As most of the entitlements are Carry Over Entitlements, they SHOULD be shown on the payslips after rollover to a NEW financial year, regardless if the entitlement accrues or not in the new FY.

An example is TIME in LIEU (TIL), which has accrued during FY 2019, was carrier over to the 2020 FY, but will not necessarily accrue further in 2020. The 2019 TIL balance will not show on the FY2020 payslips as owed entitlement.

The old desktop MYOB was doing the rollover of entitlement correctly and showing them on the payslips.

I hope the new cloud version will able to do that without the tricks of creating and reversing payments.

Thank you for your support on developing further the software.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post