Unable to add employee to MYOB Team

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JLAW
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Unable to add employee to MYOB Team

Hi, I've read all posts that I can find regarding similar issues but never see any solutions posted. I too am having trouble adding certain employees to Team. They appear on the list of employees but when I go to add them to a location under an approving manager it simply won't add.

Any help is appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
JLAW
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Employee already using MYOB Team Advance

Hi, setting up an employee with MYOB Team however they advise they already use MYOB Team Advance with another employer and it won't let them create an account with standard Team. If I send invite to this employee will it show up on their Team Advance? If not, why are they not able to create another account using a different email?? (Employee has advised they have tried this but it won't accept.)

Any help appreciated

ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Re: Unable to add employee to MYOB Team

Hello @JLAW 

As MYOB Teams is a different app from MYOB advance teams, the API should prevent the invitation from your file from going to the advance team app, if that is not what you are using. 

If you are having trouble adding the employee to the location. I can suggest checking the following things. 

1. Check the employee profile is setup correctly 
a. Valid and correct email address added 
b. Employment basis is not set to OTHER or LABOUR HIRE
c. Date of Birth is mentioned on the card
d. PAY BASIS is set to HOURLY
e. Tax file number is added. If not applicable then add default one

2. If no pays runs have been processed for this employee, then delete the employee card and re-add it, and check if we can add the employee to MYOB Teams now

3. Clear cookies and cache and retry

4. Try from a different browser or log in with another user or try on another system

Please let me know how you go.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

JLAW
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Chris, the issue is actually adding the employee into 'employees' in MYOB Team to start with. Their name appears on the list however simply won't enable me to add them in when I try and press the green Add Employee button at the bottom.

All details in their card appears correct.

Also with the Team and Team Advance, the empoyee already has 'advance' but she is unable to create a normal 'team' account in the app.

ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Hello @JLAW 

If you are still unable to add the employee after checking the details can you please send me a Private Message containing: 

• Client ID:
  • Serial Number:
  • GUID for New Essentials and ARL (if Old EA then BID):
  • The email client is using to log in:
  • Customer name:
  • Client Number:
  • Employee Name(unable to add):
  • Employee Email:
  • The Response code: (Before adding the employee in MYOB Teams on Chrome browser, click on 3 dots on the top right, go to More Tools-> Developer tools, and now try to reload the employee tab and only grab the response for employee ending in papi for the employee who couldn’t be added. We are interested in UserID here )

I will be able to advise further once I have this information.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post