Unable to complete payroll processing

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Jules1111
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Unable to complete payroll processing

I am still trying to process last weeks pay so that I can do this weeks. When I click on record pays it comes up with an error that "An application operation has timed out. Would you like to retry?" This is urgent as I need to complete this weeks pay today. Thank you.

14 REPLIES 14
SB0606
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Unable to complete payroll processing

I am also having this same issue since doing the upgrade!Page2.jpgPage3.jpgpage4.jpg

Neil_M
MYOB Moderator
13,374 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,374Posts

1,609Kudos

1,911Solutions

HI @Jules1111 

Generally speaking, a timeout error is caused when AccountRight is being asked to process more information than it can sufficiently process in a set timeframe. In some cases that can be resolved by reducing the amount of information that is being processed, such as splitting the pay run into smaller amounts.

Out of curiosity if you try and process just one pay in the payrun, does it complete or not?

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Jules1111
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

I spent over an hour on the phone to support due to large volume of calls and was told in the end to delete the payrun and start again. This worked.

Jules1111
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

After an over an hour on hold to support I was told to cancel the payrun and re-do it. This worked.

Neil_M
MYOB Moderator
13,374 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,374Posts

1,609Kudos

1,911Solutions

Hi @SB0606 

Out of curiosity does the file sit on a server or just locally on that one computer? If it is on a server, some users have reported moving the file off the server and onto the local machine allows them to overcome that issue. Additionally you may also want to ensure that all of the Windows updates on that computer have been completed, particularly around the .net framework.

That said timeout errors are often caused by AccountRight being asked to process more information than it can handle in a particular timeframe. In some cases reducing the amount of information that’s being processed can overcome the error

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

SB0606
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, we have windows server 2016 file server that has myob SE edition loaded. fully up to date. the workstations are windows 10. fully up to date.

everything was working fine until we loaded the latest version 2019.1

i have deleted the pay run several times and it keeps doing the same thing.  I have tried 11 times.  There are only 8 pays in total.

given it worked 2 weeks ago on the old version surely this is an error with the new version?

cheers

SDesilva
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

After reading all of the issues that others are having I am reluctant to upgrade to 2019.1, since I work on the server and don't have a local computer. Therefore can MYOB guarantee that all will be okay for me once the upgrade is done, since I have no other alternative.

Please advice

Thank you

Shanthi

CloverQ
MYOB Moderator
7,889 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,889Posts

654Kudos

1,233Solutions

Hi @SB0606 

After further investigation, we have identified that this problem is caused by not having a recent version of .Net framework installed on the computer. It can also throw a different error message as well.

Please try the solution explained in this forum post - A service call has failed error, which you may need the help from your IT person. Please do let us know how it goes for you.

@Jules1111 I'm glad to hear you were able to record the pay after deleting it and re-entering it, thank you so much for sharing the info! I would still recommend checking to make sure the .Net framework is up-to-date on your computer, as it is used by AccountRight for various of functions. 

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

CloverQ
MYOB Moderator
7,889 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,889Posts

654Kudos

1,233Solutions

Hi @SDesilva 

I understand your concerns here. What I can assure you is our teams do try our best to jump on the issues when they raise, identify the cause and develop a solution so your business can go back to normal.

Since the cause of this problem is identified, I do recommend following this post to prevent the problem - A service call has failed error. 

It may also be helpful to keep this post handy for your IT person when upgrading to 2019.1 on the server computer, the firewall settings on the server computer may trigger this error - The session has expired error.

Please feel free to let us know how you go, we are here to help if needed.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post