Unable to connect to Payroll Reporting centre

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

165Kudos

162Solutions

Re: Unable to connect to Payroll Reporting centre

Hi @ChrisMYOB 

Bit useless advice  for a local file!

The Doc

AccountsHughes
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

I agree -

However as part of the on going phone calls I ended up uploading my file for the first time (resisted as I am sole user on a secure(ish) desktop.  Now it seems I have no option but to be on line. That has made it possible to fix their problem by using app.myob.com, but took away my preferred option to stay desk bound!!

ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Hello Everyone 

Our team is currently investigating the cause of this issue. 

Can you please check the version of windows you are on, if it isn't up to date, can you please update and then try again?

Please let me know what version you were on, the version you upgraded to, and if it still gives you the error.

As a current workaround, you are able to put your file online and then log in using the browser version at app.myob.com and process the pay run.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Smooth
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

18Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @ChrisMYOB 

We have been receiving the same error when attempting to lodge our payroll with ATO.

We are unable to put our company file online because MYOB on numerous occasions have advised that our file is too large, so therefore we keep our company file on a office server.

Please advise if MYOB are intending to fix this issue.

Mary20
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @ChrisMYOB 

Is there any update on when this issue will be rectified?

Thank you

ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Hello @Smooth  and @Mary20 

From diagnostic logs we have received it does appear to be connected to out-of-date Windows versions and security certificates. 

I would suggest looking at our recommended system requirements page for currently supported operating systems.

Alternatively, if you put the file on the cloud you can login via a  browser such as Google Chrome that contains updated certificates. You will be able to log in at app.myob.com

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Smooth
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

18Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @ChrisMYOB 

As previously mentioned, I am considering your suggestion of placing our company file online, however our company file is very large, and MYOB have previously advised on many occasions to use a local server (rather than put our company file online).

Am I correct in assuming that we have no option but to now put our company file online due to STP Phase 2 requirements?

Can you please advise latest information from MYOB regarding "recommended" file size limit for online company files.

ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Hello @Smooth 

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you about the size.

We have found that files under 2GB still work fine, while those over while they do work, do find some processes to be slow.

My suggestion would be if it is around 1GB as then it has time to grow. But If it is a massive file, you might want to look at creating a new one, in which you will then be able to export contacts and accounts from the old one, remove the ones that are no longer in use, and import only the used ones in a brand new file. 

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Beccy_Rafty
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I'm also having the same issue when I attempt to report wages to the ATO and haven't been able to send anything since September.

My MYOB file is too large to be online and I was advised that I would need to continue working with the server version.

The message clearly indicates that it's not a problem my end.  Can someone please let me know when this will all be fixed, so that I can report through to the ATO.

Regards

Rosemary

Smooth
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

18Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Rosemary (@Beccy_Rafty)

You are unlikely going to receive an accurate answer from MYOB regarding this issue. It's also not worth spending hours on hold when trying to contact MYOB via phone.

Have a look through another post which contains contributions from more users, and contains more posts from "MYOB Moderators":

https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Staffing-and/Cant-submit-STP-report-to-ATO-nor-connect-to...

From my own experience, we had success with this issue by contracting a IT Consultant. Similar to you, we use the Server version (our company file is stored offline on a office Server, and a few office PC's using the same company file). He uprgaded our PC's from Windows 8 to Windows 10, and now we can report our Payroll to the ATO. Depending on what Server software you are running, you may need to uprgrade that as well (there is information regarding Server details posted in the other chat).

Although we can now report our Payroll to the ATO, we may be in trouble again when January 2023 rolls around - I recently spoke to MYOB and they advised that all company files "must" be online to comply with STP Phase 2 requirements, the deadline is January 2023.

I'm hoping that MYOB will find a solution before then - they may lose clients if they force everyone to put their company file online.

Regards

Smooth

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post