Unable to process payroll for July 2020

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Jeez
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

31Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Unable to process payroll for July 2020

Useless answer.

FIX IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trishc
Experienced Partner
21 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

21Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Tracey, I have two payrolls to run today, to be dated 1st July. How am I meant to do that?

Tanialmm
Experienced Cover User
120 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

120Posts

43Kudos

1Solutions

My other problem with this is that MYOB is getting a bad rap for introducing new features, without testing them properly and then not fixing the problems that occur in a timely manner.  I can only think that the people doing these updates have no contact with the real world and don't take into account how a small business operates.

When looking for jobs online, most of the positions nowadays are using Xero which I am not familiar with. I really like using MYOB when everything is running properly but I feel like more and more businesses are using Xero and this may be something I will need to train myself up on in the future if I ever wanted a new position.

Carissa_B
Experienced Cover User
62 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

62Posts

16Kudos

0Solutions

I tried changing my system date but I am still getting the message that I can't process the pay. Is there some trick to this?  MYOB seems to think it is the 1 July but still will not let me process the pay.

By the way I agree with all the other comments that it is a joke that we have to do something like this in order to get pays processed.  I have a number of clients that this is going to be an issue for and I have no idea how I am going to tell them I can't process their payroll until Wednesday as MYOB won't let me process it any earlier!     

Markg2
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

12Kudos

0Solutions

So we made the upgrade based on MYOB's advice that this was the solutrion for payroll year-end 2020. We're now trying to set up the Jul 1 pays and run into this issue. Does anyone have a workable solution? Employees will be paid late if we hold off untill Jul 1, how can MYOB not have realised what a massive issue this would cause, the tax tables should load based on the payment date entered not the system date!! Looking for some useful advice from MYOB or other users for a work-around? Draft pays with a 30 June pay date? Tax rates haven't actually changed that I'm aware of? Then re-do on Jul 1? Anyone found a way past this monumental MYOB stuff-up?

HMFCAccounts
2 Posts
User

2Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

This is not a satisfactory answer or solution - waiting till the 1st July to be able to process payroll does not work when payroll is supposed to be approved & release into the bank by then.

Not cool MYOB

payrollers
Experienced Partner
17 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

17Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Are you suggesting that the preschool staff dont get their regular pay this fortnight that they earnt and are entitled to because MYOB function has changed. In fact you are suggesting they get it in 3 weeks when the centre reopens late July 20th or so? Try telling the bank when your mortgage payment bounces my empoyers MYOB said so...... and their own kids dont get any outings during the school holidays beacuse MYOB couldnt run your pay.

far out

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your comments on this topic

Currently, payroll transactions that have the payment date on or after 01/07/2020 will need to be processed within the next payroll year i.e. on or after the 01/07/2020. 

Having said that, we have passed on your comments to the required team for the future of the product. No immediate changes are planned for the product so close to the end of the payroll year.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Catherine_M
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

39Kudos

0Solutions

Gee I really hope you people at MYOB are CERTAIN that we will all magically be able to process our payrolls on July 1st ... reading a previous comment where they have changed the system date and it still has not worked has me very worried ... can somebody please look into this today, as a matter of urgency???

Other preschools in our area have been telling me to move to XERO for a while now ... that is looking like a good option!

Markg2
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

12Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Stephen, posting this same response is not helping anyone. We need a functional work-around or a MYOB solution ASAP, paying people late is not an option. At the moment we're trying to draft in MYOB using the wrong payment date to process pays manually with the intention of re-doing it on Jul 1 for STP, tax rates have not changed but not sure if anything else on the tax tables will cause an issue, surely MYOB can provide some advice on this?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post