Unable to process payroll for July 2020

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
SarahJB
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Payroll error - only enter pays for current or previous financial year

I have to agree with the comments so far, we need to process payroll today!!  as a small business we do not always have people available on other daye to get this done, we have always processed pays early and this hads never been a problem before, is this to be an ongoing problem!!!!

As I have mentioned before in questionaires you have sent I am begining to wonder what I am paying a subscription for, updates that we do not need.  My accountant is trying to convince me to move to another accounting software program and I am seriously considering it.

Sterp up your game or at the very least let people know what is happening with the program that can create problems rather than them having to go searvhing for the reason why, communication is FREE.

SarahJB
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Excuse the spelling very frustrated.

Someone mentioned previously that there is a possibilty that we could process payroll using the current finacial year date (30/6/2020) and then reprocessing after 1st July, does any know of the potential PAYG issues this could create if you have already sent the 19-20 Payroll finalisation to the ATO, or if this is even possible?

Sarah

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Unable to process payroll for July 2020

Hi @Markg2 

Currently, those pays would need to be processed from 01/07/2020.

While some clients have found moving the company file locally*, updating the Windows system data and then restarting AccountRight has allowed for those payroll transactions to be processed this is not something MYOB recommends. 

*File>>Backup and then restoring the company file using File>>Restore>>Restore locally into a library on your computer.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

GCWWRRG
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

21Posts

8Kudos

1Solutions

This is causing a major issue for me. Our final fortnight for 2019-20 ended yesterday, however payment will not be made until 1 July, meaning I need to process pays today to ensure that I have time to upload payments and get Director approvals completed for the payment date. What is the solution to this issue? If I process pays on Wednesday it is already too late as the funds need to be transferred from our account that day. This is an incredibly disappointing move from MYOB - there should be an option to allow us to manually roll over the year so that these situations are completely avoided.
Tanialmm
Experienced Cover User
120 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

120Posts

43Kudos

1Solutions

Yes SarahJB - I don't even WANT to try that - it could just stuff everything up.

HMFCAccounts
2 Posts
User

2Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

I tested that, put a payment date of the 30th june so that i could prepare today and to move to the next sceen and enter details but if I try to go back and adjust the pay date - I get a message "If you continue, all the adjustments that you've entered in this window will be reset,. Do you want to contine"

If i tick yes - I loose it all.

Markg2
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

12Kudos

0Solutions

@Steven_Mwhy tell us that if you don't recommend it? What are the potential issues that this could cause?

SarahJB
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Then why suggest something that you do not recommend, what art the consequences?

Markg2
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

12Kudos

0Solutions

@HMFCAccountswe're trying the option of processing the full payroll with the wrong payment date in order to get a payment file out that we can then adjust the payment date once it's loaded into the bank. We'll then go back back and reverse the MYOB payroll and re-do on 1 July, tax rates haven't changed, super caps will need to be manually overridden, not sure if anything else will catch us out like HELP debts, it's not a great solution but haven't found an alternative yet.

Julie_PGQ
Experienced Cover User
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I have to agree with other posters that this change is very disappointing.  Our "pay day" is Wedneday the 1st, but to make this happen for 86 employees we need to do all our data entry, checking and approvals the day before.  

Please reconsider this change or at least work on a temporary solution that you can "recommend".

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post