Unable to process payroll for July 2020

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Unable to process payroll for July 2020

Hi @Markg2  @SarahJB 

As requested in your previous posts on this thread, you were looking for a workable solution to your enquiry. This is why I have mentioned moving your file locally and updating the system date. While this is not recommended by MYOB this has worked for some clients. It is up to the user as to whether they wish to use that workaround.

From a product point of view, those pays will be able to be processed from 01/07/2020. There will be no update available for this payroll year, however, we've passed on the comments to see if about changes for the next payroll year.

Updating the system date can have impacts on the confirmation, two-factor authentication and date defaults for transactions within the software.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Tiffanyc1
2 Posts
User

2Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Processing payroll prior to July 1

Just read all the posts regarding not being able to process pays until 1 July, totally outrageous as l have the same issue with my staff being paid on the 1st July. This is so inconvenient, how much do we pay for this subscription, certainly not making life easier for business. Whom was the jerk that came up with this idea, obvioulsy not someone in a payroll capacity.

Trishc
Experienced Partner
21 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

21Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Payroll error - only enter pays for current or previous financial year

I certainly wouldn't be processing them dated today, to amend later, when it all runs through STP. They will just have to be done on Wednesday, and hopefully that works well! Should only be a one off issue 

Markg2
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

12Kudos

0Solutions

@Trishcif we do that people won't receive their pays on-time, that's not an option any finance function should be ok with. Some people will have scheduled commitments

payrollers
Experienced Partner
17 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

17Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Suggestion to run pays before hand:

Process Payroll in Myob with Payment date 30/6

enter pays, do not hit record. Instead view and PRINT the report from "Preview Pay Details" button.

In your internet banking copy your previous payroll to capture everyones banking details 

Date 1/7 and amend payment amounts to match the report. 

Add in to bank payment any new employees if necessary.

Check your Bank payment equals total net pay on MYOB screen. 

Back out of MYOB payroll do not record or STP etc.

On 1/7 use printed detail report to enter the pays and record/STP etc as usual. Ensure net pays equal what was paid Smiley Happy

When going to Prepare electronic payment - go to save the file but dont upload to the bank. 

Catherine_M
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

39Kudos

0Solutions

@Steven_MCan you please reassure me that on Wednesday 1 July I will have NO ISSUE processing our payroll? And also, may I please have a DIRECT contact number to someone at MYOB for if I do?

When I was initially phoning through to MYOB support last week I was on hold for AGES! I have 1 day to process these pays as I am having a second authorised user come in from holidays to do this. It is bad enough that we have to wait until 1 July ... I don't want to be waiting on hold for hours if there are any issues.

Markg2
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

12Kudos

0Solutions

@payrollersthat could be a workable option, thanks. Also looking at priority payments with the bank so we can guarantee payment same day if we hold off till Jul 1. Only danger is if something else goes wrong with this MYOB update on the day you're stuck

Bronwyn_Baird
Trusted Partner
106 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

106Posts

4Kudos

2Solutions

Would be really helpful if you updated this in your EOPY step by step guide - this is out of date and now not helpful at all!

Bronwyn Baird
Bcubed Management Consultants PL
0427 280 012
bronwyn@bcubed.com.au
CC since 2006
Catherine_M
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

39Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Potential Issue - MYOB's Removal of Payroll Rollover Function

@Steven_M- copying and pasting that same response is getting old ... at least pretend you have some idea of the inconvenience caused!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Catherine_M 

If you do have a payroll enquiry you are welcome to post these on this Forum. I'm sure the MYOB Community would be happy to assist with any enquires you do have.

We do have a dedicated board for AccountRight Payroll enquires see AccountRight: Staffing and payroll.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post