Unable to process payroll for July 2020

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Kilkee
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Unable to process payroll for July 2020

Hello Gavin

It did not work on my stand alone computer!!!!

Jannine Richards
HanBroome
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

This is utterly unacceptable and has now prompted us to look into purchasing SAP Business One

HanBroome
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Payroll glitch with new update

The latest MYOB mismanagement of end of year payroll is utterly unacceptable and has now prompted us to look into purchasing SAP Business One

Shona65
1 Post
User

1Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

This is ridiculous. I have to do payroll for 3 companies, which takes 2 days, they then have to be checked and approved by management so they can be paid on 1 July.  Huge stuff up MYOB!!  You need to fix this NOW!  Maybe to talk to people in the real world using this program before making these dumb decisions.

URKidding
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Payroll and 2020.2.2

I am processing a pay for 01 July 2020 and have to put the payment date as 30 June 2020.

Will this information go into the correct year being 20/21?

DotAllen1
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I have a payroll to process today for payment on 1st July.  I'm not in the office here on the 1st to process the pay, and even if I was, it would still be paid late to employees.  I have found this whole end of year payroll process very frustrating, and now this will mean processing payments x 2 for the first pay in July.   This is a bad time of year to make life more difficult!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi Everyone

Just for those clients that have come across this particular situation.

With AccountRight 2020.2, payroll transactions that have the payment date in the next payroll year 01/07/2020 onwards will be able to be processed from 01/07 (tomorrow).

We certainly can understand that feedback that we have received and the situations that some clients are in. We've collated and shared these sentiments with our product team for potential changes to be added for next payroll year-end. However, no product changes will be unavailable this payroll year-end on this topic.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

NthQldConvert
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

This reply from MYOB and their decision to action the new payroll year this way proves that MYOB is not connected to its community of users and how payroll is processed in business.  .  

HeatherApp
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

in past years I've worked the pays out manually and sent to the bank on time. Once the payroll year was rolled forward I would then put the pays through MYOB making very sure that it balanced to my manual sheet. I was so excited this year was going to be easy - should have known it was never going to be easy. Of course this was for a payroll of around 50 people - wouldn't want to be doing it for more than that. Overtime here we come

adana26
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: STP First Payrun for 2020

So does this mean that you cant enter a pay (any information) for tomorrows pay run. Our payrun is tomorrow with 260 people to manually enter! 

Is there a way we can enter the payroll with tomorrows date (1/7/20) today so we can be prepared??? 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post