Unable to process payroll for July 2020

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JenLil
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: rollover payroll year

Changes should always be better for the customer - not inconvenient and disruptive - and some prior notice/warnings/discussion would have been helpful  - we would not have upgraded  the file if we were aware of this change as we prepare pays and payslips 2 days in advance so employees have a chance to review and check before payment is finalised.

Just cost me an extra day for payroll processing.

Chellie2
Experienced User
35 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

35Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Unable to process payroll for July 2020

We have finalised the 2019-2020 Payroll year.

Our first payrun for 2020-2021 year is 22/06/20 to 28/06/20.  I enter 28/6 into Payment Date, 22/6 into Pay Period Start and 28/6 into Pay period end.  When the ABA file is loaded to the bank it changes to the current date, being Wednesday 1/7/20.

I noticed on the payslips, that the YTD has not reduced.  Is this becuase im am using June dates.  Should i change the Payment date to 01/07/2020 ?

rlivingston
1 Post
User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

This update is an extremely useless and unhelpful change. When we could close off a payroll year we could run July pays in advance and this suited the business.

This update is a step backwards and I wish  could roll back to the previous version.

Thanks for nothing MYOB. It is very difficult to see what advantage this update has made.

SDS
Experienced Cover User
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

We have the same problem. Our pays run fortnightly and falls on a Wednesday.

Accounts_Kids
Experienced Cover User
30 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

30Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

@Steven_M wrote:

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your additional comments on this topic.

We've passed on those comments to our team. At this time, payroll transactions for the 2020-21 payroll year will be able to be processed in AccountRight 2020.2 from 01/07/2020.

WHAT??? How ridiculous! Our payroll is processed on a Tuesday, reviewed and uploaded on a Tuesday and released on the Wednesday. What do I tell my staff when they won't receive their pay on the right day?

Chellie2
Experienced User
35 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

35Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB have suggested to change the computer date to 01/07/20.  I think that's too messy and may create problems later.  Still waiting on hold.

Accounts_Kids
Experienced Cover User
30 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

30Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

@Chellie2 wrote:

MYOB have suggested to change the computer date to 01/07/20.  I think that's too messy and may create problems later.  Still waiting on hold.

not a workable solution for us. Also terrible advice from an audit point of view as well! I'm on hold at the moment as well .

Dreading the conversation with staff this afternoon.....

Accounts_Kids
Experienced Cover User
30 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

30Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

So finally got someone to answer only to be told - there is no solution just wait until 1 July to enter the payroll.

Absolutely unprofessional of MYOB! Why not test your systems before implementing a change.

Off to make a series of phone calls to staff - hope no one has their mortgage payment go out on the same day as the pays normally go in.

Catherine_M
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

39Kudos

0Solutions

@Accounts_Kidsand @Chellie2 Good luck to you both! I was on hold for ages the other day and at the end of it all - no solution!

Please do update here should either one of you actually get practical, workable help.

Chellie2
Experienced User
35 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

35Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

i was told by MYOB to change computer date to 01/07/2020..... it does work.  But i don't like it.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post