Unable to process payroll for July 2020

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Rin1
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Payroll error - only enter pays for current or previous financial year

Not happy MYOB.  Maybe you need to put a little more thought about how things opperate out in the real world.  Now I have to travel 70km tomorrow for 30 minutes work!!!  Well done!!

UCA
Experienced Cover User
44 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

44Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Unable to process payroll for July 2020

I also process the pays the day before the payroll needs to hit employee bank accounts.  And their payday is 1st July.  To find out today that I cannot process the payroll today as I normally would is beyond frustrating.  And I don't work Wednesdays, so I am absolutely furious about this ridiculous change!

UCA
Experienced Cover User
44 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

44Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

This is absoutely disgraceful!  What moron came up with this idea? Massive FAIL MYOB!

UCA
Experienced Cover User
44 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

44Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Xero looks better and better every day ...

Leahdaz
Experienced Cover User
43 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

43Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Payroll

I have the same issue. MYOB. It better work tomorrow.

Do you know if you have to "Finalise the Payroll" before MYOB will accept the new payment?

Not happy MYOB. 

UCA
Experienced Cover User
44 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

44Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

This is an absolutely appalling response to a ridiculous situation that should never have been allowed to occur.  I had already started looking at alternatives to MYOB with a view to potentially changing products.  This latest in your series of so called "upgrades" has cemented my decision.   Thank you for making it easy for me to move on.

TB-AT
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Another absolutely genius move from MYOB!

You have gone ahead with a system change without asking the people who actually use the product.

Only one question you needed to ask......does anyone process wages the day before they pay them? You would find that nearly everyone would have answered YES!!!!!

Well done MYOB, you've now made it hard for people to actually use your product.

UCA
Experienced Cover User
44 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

44Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

I don't give a **bleep** about the wording.  The situation itself is ridiculous and unworkable.  I expect there are very few business that process the payroll on the date it is actually due to be paid.  Most would do it at least a day in advance.  I am so frustrated by this.  My employees are due to be paid tomorrow.  I do not work on Wednesdays and always process the pays on Tuesdays.  I find out today when I go to start processing that your stupid software won't allow it.  I am absolutely sick of these so called upgrades that are impractical and make our jobs harder andn more time consuming.  I will be changing to a different product.  Thanks for making that decision easy.

Leahdaz
Experienced Cover User
43 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

43Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Well said Jeez My old desktop MYOB Premier was great.

Last year when we "HAD to downgrade" to the new version of MYOB becuase of STP all my files were corrupted, I have had to send them into get fixed however the matter is still outstanding from July last year without any solution.

If I could revert back to the old version of MYOB Premier I would.

Beach
Partner
143 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

143Posts

57Kudos

0Solutions

so obviously - as per usual - some **bleep** at MYOB decided this was a good idea... For heaven's sake, when are MYOB going to learn that they need at least one person in charge there that actually works as a bookkeeper!  All you guys had to do was ask a bookkeeper if it was a problem if we couldn't process pays for new year until the start of the new year, and we would have said 'Big Problem!!'  Firstly the ATO requires us to report STP prior to or on pay day - not a few days later, and secondly, some of us do pays for many businesses and physically cannot get to every business on the actual pay date - so schedule pay runs for 1 or 2 days prior.  Your 'bright ideas' nearly always end up costing us more time, and then the client gets charged more - all thanks to MYOB.  As I have said on many occasions, the old MYOB v19 was stable, bullet proof and FAST.  The new MYOB is so bogged down with 'bells and whistles' that the b... swing no longer works! or if it does sometimes swing.. it is actually a very slow swing.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post