Unable to process payroll for July 2020

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
DotAllen1
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Unable to process payroll for July 2020

Has anyone else had trouble with base hourly calculating incorrectly in their July pays?  I'm processing a pay for 1st July that I had previously processed as 30th June and then cancelled prior to recording.  I notice that for one employee only, the value produced (rate of pay x hours worked) is incorrect.

Beach
Partner
143 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

143Posts

57Kudos

0Solutions

yes... last year MYOB were sending payment summaries to the wrong staff members... One of my business clients had 3 payment summaries go to employees of other businesses in no way related to his business (or my BAS agency)  2 went to employees of a garden maintenance business 500klm away, and one even went to an employee of a businesss 2000klm away..   We only used the payment summary option as the STP was not reporting any figures for employees who had terminated during the year....another MYOB stuffup.

AndrewStephen
Valued Cover User
1,307 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

1,307Posts

193Kudos

17Solutions

I am guessing the changes to the functionality around the tax tables are all revenue-driven.

Automatically load the tax tables but only if you have a valid subscription and to stop the copying and loading of tax tables from another user that has a valid subscription.

Revenue before functionality and testing.

I don't believe for one moment that it was to benefit end-users but was to benefit MYOB.

Flip1
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I don't know why MYOB is not answering these posts. I have found their answer

https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Installing-and/Changed-end-of-year-payroll-process-Accoun...

It worked.

Lynmore58
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Too embarrassed?  Would have thought a very large apology is warranted firstly for screwing up all those that pre-run their pays because they are on holidays this week, secondly to all of us that had no idea why their leave entitlements all disappeared.

If MYOB are so arrogant that they cannot 1. Be bothered checking their "fixes" work (and probably those that affect financial year end processes shoul dbe very rigorously tested) and 2. not to bother responding to emails seeking assistance) then they probably deserve the very large dent that will no doubt hit them when we all change to Xero

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi Everyone

As per my last message on this thread, clients that are not encountering a negative leave message when processing their pays should review Leave entitlement warning message when processing pays in AccountRight 2020.2 with regards that topic.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

SNPPL
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Has anyone experienced Salary Sacrifice amounts not reducing gross wages when trying to finalise STP for FY2020?

Tanialmm
Experienced Cover User
120 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

120Posts

43Kudos

1Solutions

Hi there,

It didn't reduce the 'Gross Payments' amount, however it is noted as a Reportable Employer Super Contribution and this is deducted from the Gross Payments and so the 'Total Gross Payments' amount is less the Salary Sacirficed amount.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your comments and patience in relation to this enquiry. We have shared these with our product teams to look at making potential changes for future payroll years.

AccountRight 2020.2 will now allow pays to be processed for the 2020-21 payroll year (was from 10 AM AST - 01/07/2020).

Clients have also experienced a negative leave message when processing their first pays in the new year with AccountRight 2020.2. More information on this topic can be found on Leave entitlement warning message when processing pays in AccountRight 2020.2

As this situation has been resolved we have locked the comments on this thread. Should you have an enquiry relating to processing pays in AccountRight 2020.2 or another enquiry we do recommend starting a new post on this Community Forum.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post