Unable to process payroll for July 2020

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JHVIC1969
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Unable to process payroll for July 2020

Did you process any A/L during your pay run?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi Everyone

We have encountered a number of clients encountering a warning message when processing pays in the new payroll year in relation to leave entitlements.

More information on this topic we do recommend taking a look at Leave entitlement warning message when processing pays in AccountRight 2020.2

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Haire
Experienced Cover User
73 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

73Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

I am trying to for the first payroll run of 2020/2021, but it is still giving me a notification that our employee has no leave entitlements

dsachdev
2 Posts
User

2Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

yes

Haire
Experienced Cover User
73 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

73Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

This worked.

I recorded one of the employees that was not claiming a leave entitlement for the first payroll run of 2020/2021. This some how reset the system.

When I went to enter the other pays for the same payroll run, the entitlement balance has been corrected.

Lmcstack
Experienced User
49 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

49Posts

48Kudos

0Solutions

We are currently trying to process pays today 1/7/2020 and whilst the system is allowing us to process the pays we are receiving a message for those employees who have taken leave saying that there is zero leave entitlement.  However, the employee card clearly shows that there is leave available.  However, these balances are showing the prior year YTD i.e. they have not been rolled over.

I tried to run a leave entitlements report however, I am unable to run this report as at 1/7/2020.  Comes up with error "please enter valid date".

Clearly there is an issue with leave entitlements not having been rolled over for the new financial payroll year.  when is this going to be rectified???

Haire
Experienced Cover User
73 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

73Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven_M New Zealand for the answer Enter 1 payroll entry for the 2020/2021 year. ie I chose a single employee who did not have a claim for leave entitlements. After recording that entry, something triggers in MYOB to reset the entitlements balance. I was able to then process the balance of the employee wages and the accrued entitlements were correct.
Lynmore58
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Guys

Have just come off a live chat trying to ascertain why my entitlement balance was now nil.  The solution is that the enetitlements will re-set and re-laod after the first payroll is done.  Now all I have to do is explain to the staff!!!  But kudos to Georgia in the chat room for being most understanding of my frustration and actually getting me the information and brickbats to the other lady on the helpline who couldn't answer my question and transfered me to another line with a 1 hour wait.

Beach
Partner
143 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

143Posts

45Kudos

0Solutions

so.... MYOB seem to be taking us back to the dark ages.... removing functionality -

firstly - we find that we can no longer follow normal business procedure and prepare pays a few days (or even 1 day) prior to pay day if that pay day happens to be in the next financial year;

secondly - we find that the entitlement balances are incorrect when we do get to process the first pay run of the year;

thirdly - if we have to process a pay for 30 June and the actual date is now July, then the payroll reporting area incorrectly lists w1 and w2 as zero as zero....

We need to be back in control of our own data!!!! We should get to decide when we have finished with last year, not MYOB.   

The following is not a rhetorical question.  I would like it answered by MYOB.  

Does MYOB use MYOB accountright software to process their staff pays????  Do they even use Accounright for their own day to day business operations??? Or do they use something much more suitable??? and is this whole debacle just a ploy by MYOB to get most businesses to pay even more money per month to get back the functionality that has now been removed??

Beach
Partner
143 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

143Posts

45Kudos

0Solutions

'potential changes'????

MYOB changed this without asking anybody.... So if it gets put back in the future we get to pay for the 'enhancement'??????

so.... MYOB seem to be taking us back to the dark ages.... removing functionality -

firstly - we find that we can no longer follow normal business procedure and prepare pays a few days (or even 1 day) prior to pay day if that pay day happens to be in the next financial year;

secondly - we find that the entitlement balances are incorrect when we do get to process the first pay run of the year;

thirdly - if we have to process a pay for 30 June and the actual date is now July, then the payroll reporting area incorrectly lists w1 and w2 as zero as zero....

We need to be back in control of our own data!!!! We should get to decide when we have finished with last year, not MYOB.   

The following is not a rhetorical question.  I would like it answered by MYOB.  

Does MYOB use MYOB accountright software to process their staff pays????  Do they even use Accounright for their own day to day business operations??? Or do they use something much more suitable??? and is this whole debacle just a ploy by MYOB to get most businesses to pay even more money per month to get back the functionality that has now been removed??

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post