Unable to process payroll for July 2020

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Diane2
1 Post
User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Unable to process payroll for July 2020

Hi All

Thanks for your information regarding the inability of MYOB/Account Right to allow us to process a payroll today and date it after 1st July as I would normally do.  At least I haven't wasted 2.5 hours waiting on the phone to MYOB this afternoon as I did yesterday regarding another issue.

How frustrating for all of us.  How pathetic of MYOB - and we pay for this "service"?

Obviously those who updated the software don't actually work in the field.  Who in their right mind would do this, so that we can't do the payroll when we need to.

Looks like I'll be up very early tomorrow so that our employees can be paid as soon as possible tomorrow morning.

zero out of 10 MYOB.

Diane

tonybeuk
3 Posts
User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

On reading information somewhere is it true that the rollover will occur at 10:00AM 1/7/2020.

Is this a COVID-19 issue. Fair dinkum, you have delayed payments to employees that should occur on the Wednesday, however unlikely to be completed in time.

I will ensure that they post their anger in mass to MYOB management who have tried to simply something they have just complicated. Well thought out plan, and if 10:00AM is accurate for the rollver, this is equally as mind melting as waiting to process this first payroll for 20/21.

GCWWRRG
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

21Posts

8Kudos

1Solutions

@tonybeuk I sincerely hope that 10am is not the correct time! It should automatically happen at 12.00am as per actual local time. And if it is 10am, which 10am is it AEST?? GMT? Some random time associated with a country on the other side of the planet?!! Dear MYOB, you need to manage upgrades far better than you have been. And your complete and utter lack of formal communication to your customers is reprehensible. You have our email addresses from our logins. And you have social media platforms. Stop waiting for us to bring the issue to your attention and get on the front foot for once.
Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

5,976Posts

0Kudos

477Solutions

Hi everyone, 

We understand this has been the cause of frustration for many of you.

To give you some context, when we removed the need to rollover Payroll year, we changed the logic that stops pays in a future financial year. This was mainly to prevents users from submitting pays when the tax tables are not available/finalised and to also remove the risk of the payroll year unintentionally being rolled forward (through accidentally entering a future date).

However, given the feedback we've received from you, our users, our team is looking into adjusting this logic in a future update.  

Furthermore, the checks preventing next years pay run is based on UTC time. So, you will be able to process 2021 pay runs from 10am EST tomorrow, 1 July 2020. 

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by this.

Cheers,
Suja Pillai

Social Support and Community Manager

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

maareak
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

This automatic rollover at 10am tomorrow - is this 10am AEST?

In what part of the world is your particular 10:00, please?

tonybeuk
3 Posts
User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

@maareak Sorry 10:00 AEST. From what I have read it is based relative to UTC.

maareak
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks @tonybeuk , that's really helpful!  :-) 

MonkeyBaa1
3 Posts
User

3Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

It's 2am on the 1st July and I can't sleep due to this issue!! The rollover process still hasn't occurred - would love to know what time MYOB considers the new financial year - SOOOO frustrating!

JesseV
1 Post
User

1Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

After yesterday's writeoff, I too decided to hit the computer early and get my 150+ payroll done. Afterall the date is now the 1st of July 2020, the new financial year. MYOB still not allowing my payroll to be entered. Now I find out through this forum that I need to wait until the executive hour of 10.00am AEST. Why? Where is the logical thought process in this. I have this feeling that today is not going to be a good day. MYOB better hope that they have thoroughly tested their software. 

Citiman
2 Posts
User

2Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

2020/2021 payroll

I have Account Right 2020.2, and now is 1/7/2020, but when I go to process the first payrun for year 2020-2021 and still get the error that reads "You can only enter pays for the current or previous financial year".

Please help

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post