Unpaid leave & STP Phase 2

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LisaGSA
Trusted Cover User
51 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

51Posts

13Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Unpaid leave & STP Phase 2

Hello,

Can i please get some advice on setting up unpaid leave now that we have moved to STP Phase 2. 

When unpaid leave was originally set up, negative hours are entered to reduce the base salary amount.  This was working fine, but now that we are on STP Phase 2, it looks like if the total of the other paid leave is a negative, a zero amount is reported to the ATO.
This means I can't balance the payroll.

Is it as simple as changing the ATO Reporting category for unpaid leave to "gross wages" instead of other paid leave or is there a better way to set up unpaid leave? 

1 REPLY 1
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,079 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,079Posts

110Kudos

467Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Unpaid leave & STP Phase 2

Hi @LisaGSA 

Thank you for your post. Regarding with setting up Unpaid Leave, this Help Article, Leave without pay, has detailed information to assist you with this.

When you are setting this up in AccountRight you'll need to tick the option Automatically adjust base Hourly or Base Salary Details. If you had this Unpaid leave set up correct before you moved in STP phase 2, make sure to go back on this field and tick this option - Automatically adjust base Hourly or Base Salary Details.

If you are unsure what ATO reporting Category to choose, check with the ATO or your accounting advisor. Learn more about Assigning ATO reporting categories for Single Touch Payroll Reporting in STP Phase 2.

Please feel free to post again I'll be happy to assist.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post