Unused Annual Leave on termination not included gross payment why?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
RR111
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Unused Annual Leave on termination not included gross payment why?

Hi Team,

We have updated Unused annual leave wages catergory to Unused leave on termination. When I check the payroll acitivity summary report aganist Single Touch Payroll reporting - View YTD verification report each individual Gross YTD($). The terminated employees unused annual leave weren't included in the gross payment figures.

My understanding is unused annual leave is part of their gross payment for individual tax return.

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Unused Annual Leave on termination not included gross payment why?

Hi @RR111 

Thanks for your post. Payments are reported to the ATO according to the ATO reporting category assigned to the payroll categories. This means that only payroll categories assigned the Gross payments ATO reporting category are included in the Gross payments amount. Payroll categories that have changed from Gross payments in Phase 1 to a new ATO reporting category in Phase 2 are reported separately, not included in the Gross payments amount.

What's different in STP Phase 2 reporting

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

RR111
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Tracey.

I was just wondering will MYOB extend the sub categories to the YTD verification report?

Like YTD Gross Payment($), PAYG withodling YTD($) followed up other subcatergories like Bonus/leave terminaiton payment etc?

and for individual tax returns - How the figures linked with Mygov?

Thanks 

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @RR111 

The YTD verification report and Summary of payments report (EOFY finalisation tab>>click on the employee>>View report) display all ATO reporting categories.

YTD verification report:

image.png

Summary of payments report:image.png

The Payroll summary report in the browser (Reports>>Payroll tab>>Payroll summary) displays the ATO reporting categories assigned to payroll categories to assist with reconciling payroll:

image.png

The ATO requires payments are reported using the ATO reporting categories, they then transfer those amounts to myGov. As such, we're not able to provide assistance on how payments appear in myGov.

Please let me know if I have misunderstood your question or you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post