Unused Annual Leave

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AmandaVMA
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Unused Annual Leave

Hi

I have an unused annual leave account for the final termination payment of an employee. Even though her annual leave entitlement say 147.94 when i enter this amount in the payroll for unused leave to pay out - it comes up with a this will take you into negative leave balance. It shouldnt though  because that is  the amount  it is saying we owe her  on the entitlement report. One on the things we did differently with  this employee was she was on workcover for last 6mths - we had to accumlate leave at 80% of her pay so I have been running payslip with zero payment but accumlating the leave each fortnight - the leave came across on her entitlement balance though -  but not sure if this would effect anything.

entitlement pic.PNG

payroll term.PNG

I recently did a termination for a part time employee and it worked fine so not sure why it is not working on this employee?

If anyone has any help that would be much appriecated.

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Unused Annual Leave

Hi @AmandaVMA 

AccountRight is intended to generate a warning when a linked wage category for an entitlement is used that will drop the current balance under 0. hours when recording a pay. 

In this employee's case, I would assume that you have linked the Unused Holiday Pay category to the employee and linked it to an entitlement as the linked wage category. But, as you don't have that blue arrow (like you have for holiday pay), it's not the entitlement category linked to the employee. For example, you have linked the Unused Holiday Pay category as the linked wage category to Annual Leave Accrual - Part-time rather than Annual Leave Accrual - FT.  As the employee doesn't have any hours against that linked entitlement you have that warning appearing.

I would recommend going to Payroll>>Payroll Categories>>Entitlements>>Choosing the Annual Leave Accrual - FT category and ensure that you have  Unused Holiday Pay ticked as a Linked Wage Category. Once that has been added, re-generate the pay, you should have that blue arrow and no warning message when processing that final pay.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

AmandaVMA
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Unused Annual Leave

Thank you!  I thought I didnt have it linked somehow but I could not work out how to do it yesterday.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post