Update MYOB to Version 2020.2 still can not process pay on Jul 20

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
S1984
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

20Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Update MYOB to Version 2020.2 still can not process pay on Jul 20

I updated MYOB version to 2020.2 . However when I process payroll today (set payemnt date as 02 Jul 2020) it does not allow me to process due to date error ( it told me payment date needs to be current or previous financial year) I tried to roll over payroll year but there is no that option anymore. Anyone knows how to get this solved? Is that becasue I haven't rolled over FY1819? or I have to wait to July to process payroll? Please advise. Thank you.

34 REPLIES 34
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Update MYOB to Version 2020.2 still can not process pay on Jul 20

Hi @S1984 

Thanks for your post. One of the changes in AccountRight 2020.2 is that you no longer need to close the payroll year or load the new tax tables as the software does this for you automatically. This means that on the 1st July you will be able to process pays with a July payment date and the software will apply the 2021 tax tables and report the pays in the 2020-21 financial year.

When trying to process a pay run with a payment date in July and the system date is June, you will receive the error message You can only enter pays for the current or previous financial year. This is because the system has not rolled over to the new payroll year, ie 2020-21.

This error message is NOT referring to the financial year in your company file (Setup>>Company Information) so please do NOT close your financial year. We do recommend that users always check with their accountants prior to closing the financial year.

The message is an intentional change in the process, as the system does not allow for pays to be processed in a future payroll year. However, we do understand the wording may cause some confusion and we do apologise for that.

You can find more information on the changes in AccountRight 2020.2 here: AccountRight 2020.2 is now available

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Gill_Nucci
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

I'm so glad I'm not the only one trying to process payroll for July 2020 and then got the error msg. Unfortunately I rolled over my financial year before I read this (I closed off 2018/19), however I still got the error.

My 'problem' is that I need to process payroll and lodge the payment to the bank to be processed on Wed 1st July like I always do (this is the regular payment date, employees will be expecting funds and have payments scheduled etc) as I can't do this on the day as I'll be in hospital all day...
What can I do please?

Leanne_ABC
Partner
10 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

10Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

This is a ridiculous change and yes the wording is very confusing!  Please consult experienced bookkeepers who are still practicing before making changes to your software.  I too closed off the financial year for 2019 thinking thats what had to be done to enter a payroll dated 1/7/20.

I process the payroll a day early as I'm only at this client one day a week.  I've finalised the 2020 STP and now would like to enter the payroll to be paid on 1/7/20 but as the system date correctly shows as 30/6/20 I cant do it??   

DuncanW1
2 Posts
User

2Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

I am astounded that MYOB would make a change like this and make it difficult for people to process when they should. Like many others we run a bookkkeeping business and have clients that we are expected to process payroll today with a payment date in the next day or two and we cannot.

MYOB should relook at this and change for next payroll year.

S1984
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

20Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

same here. tomorrow will be chanllege for us to get all jobs done in a day and we cannot pre arrange things.

maybehelpful
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Maybe try tricking it by changing the date on your actual computer and then logging into your company?

Voni7
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Well, it is now July 1 and I still can't process the pays. I have finalised the pays for the 2019/20 year, done a backup, restarted the computer and it still won't let me enter pays today. Any further suggestions.

Fletch1
1 Post
User

1Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Me Too! I thought I'd wait until today, 1/7, but I've just tried again and received the same error.

asheriff
1 Post
Cover User
Cover User

1Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I also still cannot process.  It is showing the date as 1/7/2020. This is seriously frustrating, there is so much to do for EOFY as it is.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post