Update Release AccountRight 2020.2 Removal of Prepare Payment Summaries

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
TGC1
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Update Release AccountRight 2020.2 Removal of Prepare Payment Summaries

HELP!

The upcoming release of AccountRight 2020.2 has a major flaw in it. Information on your website says the following:

"And finally, because STP finalisation has replaced the need to prepare payment summaries, we’re removing the Prepare Payment Summaries function from the Payroll command centre."

The Prepare Payment Summaries function MUST remain in the programme. Not all employers are reporting throught the STP system and will not be reporting through that sytem for a number of years yet. Employers who have a WPN and not an ABN cannot use the STP system with the ATO. For this 2020 and 2021 financial years WPN holders will still need to prepare payment summaries and give them to their staff. At this stage the ATO hope the STP system will be available to WPN holders for the 2022 financial year.

Can someone please make sure this function is not removed in the upcoming update.

22 REPLIES 22
TGC1
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

AccountRight 2020.2 Update Removal of Prepare Payment Summaries

HELP!

The upcoming release of AccountRight 2020.2 has a major flaw in it. Information on your website says the following:

"And finally, because STP finalisation has replaced the need to prepare payment summaries, we’re removing the Prepare Payment Summaries function from the Payroll command centre."

The Prepare Payment Summaries function MUST remain in the programme. Not all employers are reporting throught the STP system and will not be reporting through that sytem for a number of years yet. Employers who have a WPN and not an ABN cannot use the STP system with the ATO. For this 2020 and 2021 financial years WPN holders will still need to prepare payment summaries and give them to their staff. At this stage the ATO hope the STP system will be available to WPN holders for the 2022 financial year.

Can someone please make sure this function is not removed in the upcoming update.

TGC1
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Re: AccountRight 2020.2 Update Removal of Prepare Payment Summaries

I don't undersand how this forum works. I've made a post and now it is showing me my post and asking if I accept this as a solution. Accept what? There hasn't been a reply.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Update Release AccountRight 2020.2 Removal of Prepare Payment Summaries

Hi @TGC1 

The Prepare Payment Summaries function will be removed for files that do have Payroll Reporting (STP) enabled. Clients that have not enabled Payroll Reporting will still have access to that Prepare Payment Summaries within AccountRight 2020.2.

As I do know that this may be of great concern to some users, as such I've added a screenshot showing a pre-release build of 2020.2 showing that option still being available.

Attachment.PNG

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

gavin12345
Ultimate User
4,953 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

4,953Posts

1,000Kudos

633Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

In case users do not find this post, perhaps the release or preview notes could be updated to make this clear.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
HK01
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

We didn't move over to STP until September 2019.

I have former staff members that finished prior to this and I cannot run their payment summaries now as they are not under the STP reporting.

The Prepare Payment Summaries function needs to be available for everyone, not just those who have not activated it.

How do I run the payment summary for these former employees? 

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Hi @HK01 

As noted on our help article Processing a final pay, we do recommend preparing the payment summary at the time of termination.

If you have a backup of the file from before you upgraded to 2020.2, then you could restore it locally into that version and prepare the payment summary. This would allow you to prepare the physical payment summary.

Alternatively you could remove the termination date on the terminated employee and record a zero dollar pay for that employee. This will allow you to report that employee through STP, so that you can then finalise them through STP. This will allow the employee to access their information through their MyGov account

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

HK01
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil,

I will try the zero pay.

These employees are casual, they come and go all year and you never know when they are coming back so I guess they don't really have a termination date.

Going forward this won't be an issue, but for the move to STP, all non terminated employees should have been picked up, not just those with pays being processed after the move. I will now have to go do the zero pay for multiple others too.

Thanks

RobM1
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Businesses in Australia that have set up for STP reporting are also able to prepare and lodge PSAR (payment summaries) to its 'closely held' (ie associated) employees.

I have a situation where STP reporting is active for all arms' length employees, but the directors of the business still wish to use the PSAR reporting for themselves.

The directors are not required to go onto STP yet until 1/7/2021.

MYOB really should allow the option to use "Prepare Payment Summaries" in any case.

The current MYOB set-up will force "closely held" employees to come within STP earlier than they may need to (or want to).

See link to ATO website: https://www.ato.gov.au/business/single-touch-payroll/concessional-reporting/closely-held-payees/

KF_01
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

We don't report through STP and we have the latest MYOB 2020.2.2 There is no print payment summary option? 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post