Using Backup of Online file to test a payroll correction

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
SharonSL
Trusted Cover User
179 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

179Posts

88Kudos

3Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Using Backup of Online file to test a payroll correction

Hi,

I set up a salary sacrifice payroll category but didn't update the Linked Payable account so my Super liability is incorrect. I think I know how to fix it but was hoping to do a test run in a backup file first to make sure before I process it in the online file and it reports through STP.

It looks like STP will still process in the local file, is that correct?? Or can I just ignore that?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Using Backup of Online file to test a payroll correction

Hi @SharonSL 

Thanks for your post. Personally I wouldn't do any test runs in a back up file, you could end up with STP issues. If you want to process a test payrun when you get to the declaration window don't sign and send. Click on Cancel so that the report isn't sent, you'll then be able to delete the payrun.

Linked accounts in payroll categories are a bit different to other changes in payroll categories. Once an amount has been posted to the linked account, changing the account in the payroll category won't move the already posted amounts to the new account when you process a payrun. You'll need to either reverse and reprocess the payruns or journal the amounts from the incorrect account to the correct account. 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

SharonSL
Trusted Cover User
179 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

179Posts

88Kudos

3Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Using Backup of Online file to test a payroll correction

Hi Tracey,

Sorry I meant to update this.  I had an online chat with one of your staff who helped me with using the back up file.  My fix worked, I processed one run to reverse the postings (with the same allocations) then another run with the correct allocations Smiley Happy   I didn't send the report so it should be all good.  My testing was correct anyway. 

I then did the same in the online file.  

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post