Wage catergory error in timesheet

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
BOTP
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

41Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Wage catergory error in timesheet

Hi.

I incorrectly entered a Saturday rate category for staff member when it should have been a normal time category. The payroll for the week has been processed and the staff paid before I found the error.

How can I adjust the member's pay next run to correct this? Is it possible to enter negative hours for the Saturday rate and add the hours to a new line on the timesheet as a normal hours category?

I do not want to mess up my STP reporting, obviously.

I'm using AR Plus AU 2019.2.1

TIA.

5 REPLIES 5
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Wage catergory error in timesheet

Hi @BOTP 

AccountRight will allow you to enter a negative amount on a timesheet. As such, in your case, you could enter a negative against the incorrect category processed and a positive against the correct category. For example:

Attachment.PNG

You may want to leave a note on the timesheet for reference to what has occurred in case it was questioned in the future.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

BOTP
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

41Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Magic - thank you. I suspected that I could do this but didn't want to wait till next pay run to try it! I'll let you know the result next week.

BOTP
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

41Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Worked great.

Thank you.

Karen_Livewire
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven M,

I have done a similar thing, although paid all the hours in "normal time" rather than splitting the total between normal and over time. i.e 38hrs normal 1 hour overtime

I am confident that your response will work, I would just like to know the flow on effect in regards to PAYG, making changes to already processed timesheets with allocated payments etc.

Thanks in advance. 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Karen_Livewire 

AccountRight will use a series of formulas to calculate the PAYG amount. In short, it will use the gross amount of the pay, the pay frequency and the tax table the employee is on. As such, paying an additional amount or using a reduced amount may increase or decrease the PAYG calculation so you might want to calculate the PAYG amount using the ATO calculators to ensure that you have the correct value. 

Once processed timesheet hours are locked and changes are not able to be made. If a change does need to be made, you could look at deleting the payroll transaction and reprocessing. Alternatively, add a new line to the timesheet, however, you do need to ensure that you include that information on a payroll transaction (i.e. ensure that pay start and end dates include that timesheet entry).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post