MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

What is the best way to change pay rate half way between pay week so holiday pay & loading is correct

KateCramer
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
KateCramer
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

What is the best way to change pay rate half way between pay week so holiday pay & loading is correct

In MYOB Account Right what is the best way to put in a new pay rate half way between a pay cycle as holiday pay and loading needs to be calculated on old pay rate?  Should I record two pays?

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
10,841 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

10841Posts

1220Kudos

1533Solutions

Re: What is the best way to change pay rate half way between pay week so holiday pay & loading is correct

Hi @KateCramer

One way that you could handle this would be to create a new payroll wage category called “Old Rate” or something similar. As this would be a separate hourly wage category it would allow you to put the correct number of hours against the old rate and the remainder against the base hourly, which would be the new rate.

This method would also allow you to pay out any holiday pay and leave loading on the same old payrate using additional payroll wage categories

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Ultimate Partner GDay53
2,101 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
GDay53
Ultimate Partner

2101Posts

2022Kudos

461Solutions

Re: What is the best way to change pay rate half way between pay week so holiday pay & loading is correct

@KateCramer

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

My understanding is that unless there is a specific clause in the employment agreement all employees should be paid holiday and leave loading on their CURRENT rate of pay NOT an old rate.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
First Class Accounts Clayfield
Mobile: 0402 841 627
gday@firstclassaccounts.com
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post