Why can't we change the payment method on wage transactions anymore?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Freman
Trusted Partner
131 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

131Posts

19Kudos

6Solutions

Why can't we change the payment method on wage transactions anymore?

In the past it was possible to change the payment method of wages that were 'locked' due to payment of their liabilities (eg super/paygw).

NOW MYOB have decided to have it lock the payment method too.

This means that when a user has accidently used the wrong payment method it cannot be easily fixed!

What's the current recomendation for these situations MYOB? Some convoluted method of correction perhaps ;-)

A journal from one account to another then remember to tick the 2 nonexistant transactions in the wrong'un, perhaps.

3 REPLIES 3
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: Why can't we change the payment method on wage transactions anymore?

Hi @Freman 

Thank you for your post. With STP, the employees' year to date figures are sent to the ATO after each pay run.

Where previously it was possible to make some changes, now, if you want to remove or edit any details in a pay run that you've sent to the ATO, you'll only be able to delete or reverse it. This ensures nothing is being changed which has already been accepted by the ATO. 

Refer to our Help Article - To reverse or delete a pay, for instructions on how to reverse and re-enter the pay with the correct payment method. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Freman
Trusted Partner
131 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

131Posts

19Kudos

6Solutions

Sorry @SamaraM but you are mistaken!

In the past locked down transactions would still allow you to change the specified bank account. 

Does the ATO collect, via STP, the bank account details that was used to pay the employee? (Yes or No)

SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Hi @Freman 

I've tested this on a sample file from 2019.4. When I look at a pay that was not included on a pay liabilities transaction, then I can choose a different payment method:

image (5).png

However, When I look at a pay that was included on a pay liabilities transaction, then the payment method is not editable:

image (4).png

As you mentioned the pay has been used in a pay liabilities transaction, the only option is to reverse it.  

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post