Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Work Cover - How to Process in Payroll

Hi,

I have had an employee make a claim through work cover for an accident on the way to work.

Work cover have accepted the claim and we have agreed to continue to pay the employee her normal

weekly wage although work cover will be reimbursing us a lesser amount.

Can anyone please advise how I process the payments for Work Cover through MYOB. I believe Work Cover is listed as an expense - when I click on this it comes up as(6 code)  Superannuation as the Linked Expense account and (2 code) Group Tax payable as the Linked Payable account.  This does not seem right to me.

Should this linked expense account be Wages & Salaries or do I have to set up a new code for work cover?

I  am also confused as to whether or not Super is payable on any payments we make to her? She is working a little from home at this stage but I am unsure of how many hours she is actually doing.....

And finally when the reimbursement from Work Cover is received - how do I process that payment?

Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to give me.

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator
1,447 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,447Posts

101Kudos

133Solutions

Re: Work Cover - How to Process in Payroll

Hi @dawns1 

Thank you for your post. 

I would recommend speaking with your accounting advisor and having a look at the requirements outlined by the ATO and the Fairwork Ombudsman to paying such payments, since the rules are different from state to state. Once you've done that you can follow the steps outlined in Paying workers' compensation to setup workers' compensation payments. With regards to handling superannuation and workers' compensation payments, have a look at help article Calculating Workcover on superannuation and gross wages.

Please do let us know how you get on and if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post