Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Working holiday makers (Backpacker's tax)

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Community Manager Suja_P
5,621 Posts
Community Manager
Community Manager




Working holiday makers (Backpacker's tax)

Hi all,


From 1 January 2017, a new tax was introduced for working holiday makers who are in Australia on a 417 or 462 visa (the 'backpacker tax').


Here's a video explaining the ins and outs of this new tax.



We also have detailed Help articles with more information on withholding holiday maker tax. Please refer to the links below for the MYOB product that you use:


Should you have any queries or need a hand with anything, please feel free to post on this forum. We're always here to assist.


Kind regards,

Suja Pillai
Social Support and Community Manager
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post