YTD Holiday Accrual Balance still showing when paid out and change to casual staff status

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Maria6062
Contributing Cover User
14 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

14Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

YTD Holiday Accrual Balance still showing when paid out and change to casual staff status

In July 2021 we changed an employee's employment basis from Part Time to Casual (no paid leave entitlements) and removed leave entitlements.  We forgot to payout their annual leave balance earned previously until early September 2021 which we did under the Pay Category "Unused Annual Leave" which we use for all staff who terminate employment. 

Their YTD Holiday Accrual Balance still appears and is still taken into account when running the leave entitlement report.

Would you please advise how we can remove their YTD Holiday Accrual Balance which we paid out in September 2021.

4 REPLIES 4
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: YTD Holiday Accrual Balance still showing when paid out and change to casual staff status

Hi @Maria6062 

Thanks for your post. If the accrued hours for entitlements are not reduced when leave is paid check that the leave wage category has been selected in the Linked wage category field for that entitlement. In your situation the Unused leave wage category needs to be selected for the leave accrual entitlement category. Go to Payroll Categories>>Entitlements tab>>open the leave accrual category and select Unused Annual leave in the Linked Wages Category.

To fix an incorrect leave balance process a $0 pay and enter the adjustment against the applicable entitlement accrual category. For example if the employee has a balance of 10 hours annual leave and you want to clear it to zero, enter -10 against the Annual leave accrual category in the entitlement section of the Pay Employee window.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Maria6062
Contributing Cover User
14 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

14Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: YTD Holiday Accrual Balance still showing when paid out and change to casual staff status

Hi @bungy15 

Thank you for your response below.  I checked the Unused leave wage category and its settings are correct i.e. it is already set on reducing the holiday pay balance which was selected under entitlements.

I ran another $0 pay minusing out the number of hours paid but unfortunately the leave balance still appears.  I think it may have something to do with her status being set as casual and she does not have any leave entitlement .  If so, I think I need to change her back to part time and give her back her leave entitlement and then run the $0 pay minusing out the number of hours already paid.  Then convert her back to casual with no leave entitlement.  Do you agree?

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

HI @Maria6062 

Apologies for the delay in replying to you. Changing the employee to casual won't affect the leave entitlements already accrued. When processing the $0 pay make sure you are entering the hours as a negative against the entitlement category not the wage category. 

Please let me know if you need further help with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Maria6062
Contributing Cover User
14 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

14Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks @Tracey_H 

I eventually resolved this by giving her back her annual leave entitlement and then doing a $0 pay entering the hours as a negative against the entitlement category as you advised.  I then had to remove her annual leave entitlement.

Cheers.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post