bank feed matching problem

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
martha1
2 Posts
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

bank feed matching problem

I've come in to reconcile a client's data and have learned that while the payruns have been done paying each employee separately (obviously), the payments from the bank as shown in the bank feed have been batched so that rather than individual net pays coming in via the bankfeed, it is the total net paid to all employees and I am unable to match the individual pays to the total in the feed.  Will I have to delete the pays and re-do them as having been paid from a dummy account followed by a transfer from the dummy account to the bank account to get a match?  Or is there some other, simpler, way to deal with this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
bungy15
Ultimate Cover User
1,055 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,055Posts

334Kudos

195Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: bank feed matching problem

Hi @martha1 

You can hide the bank feed transaction and manually reconcile the pays.  This link will help - Matching a bank feed to multiple transactions

Cheers

Tracey

GDay53
Ultimate Partner
2,594 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,594Posts

1,047Kudos

569Solutions

@martha1  @bungy15 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

Hiding transactoons in the Bank Feed is the absolute LAST resort you should use.

The best and simplist way is to use the Payroll Clearing account.

First check your Payroll linked accounts look like this. Payroll Linked accts.PNG

Now go back to each of the pays and change the Pay from account from Cheque to the Cash.

Now in the bank feed against the full amount click new and choose Spend Money. Make i From the bank account going to the Payroll Clearing account.

If you got it correct the clearing account will be zero and the bank feed has been matched.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
Gralord Enterprises Pty Ltd
Mobile: 0402 841 627
graemeday@optusnet.com.au
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
martha1
2 Posts
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Many thanks, Graeme, your response is a better elaboration of what I had in mind (and probably didn't explain v well) and is what I will set up for the client to do going forward.  So it's good to get confirmation of how to do it properly but I also quite liked the quick n dirty method of hiding, thank you Tracey, at least for the couple of pays that had already been done.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post