changing from casual to permanent part-time employment

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User Melinda_78
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

changing from casual to permanent part-time employment

I have an employee that was casual with us, left for a year, has come back as a permanent employee. But after 4 weeks of being back, there has been no leave accruing.

I have changed:

Start date to New Start Date

Employment status to Permanent / Full Time

Selected Holiday Pay / Leave Loading / Sick Leave on Wages Tab

Selected Holiday Leave Accrual / Sick Leave Accrual on Entitlements Tab

The Holiday Leave / Sick Leave Accrual is showing on the "Standard Pay"

I have reviewed notes on "Changing an employee from Full-time, part-time, casual"

I have checked all settings against our current permanent employees.

But I cannot find that 1 little thing that is stopping the leave from calculating.

Any suggestions on what I am missing?

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,789 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,789Posts

1,385Kudos

0Solutions

Re: changing from casual to permanent part-time employment

Hi @Melinda_78 

I would start by double checking the leave accrual itself to confirm the calculation method used and any exempted wage categories against that leave accrual. By confirming how the accrual is calculating you can double check why this employee’s accrual is not calculating.

Some of the key things to look out for is if the calculation basis of the accrual is based on hours, is the employee paid on an hourly basis. If they were on a salary basis there’s no hours for AccountRight to calculate on. Alternatively if the entitlement is based on a specific wage category that employee needs to be paid on that category to get the entitlement accruing

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User Melinda_78
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: changing from casual to permanent part-time employment

Thanks Neil,

The calculation method has never been a problem for anyone else. We are all set up as hourly, it calculates on the 38 base hours. The employee is set up identically to other employees. The only difference is that they were originally casual. Then after 12 months of being marked inactive, the file has been activated and updated with current employment conditions. From reviewing the MYOB notes, I thought I would enter 0.01 in the carried over column, then read further where it advised not to manually override, so I zeroed it out again, but when payroll was processed after this, the accrual calculated for that week only. So maybe I will just do a manual calculation for the previous 4 weeks to correct the balance

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post