angiemac
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

long service leave SA

Hi,

What is the difference between the 2 long service leave categories? "unused long service leave" and "Long service leave entitlement" The employee concerned hasnt been employed more than 7 years, I personally think unused is prior to entitlement ie like "accrued" 

3 REPLIES 3
Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
5,146 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,146Posts

735Kudos

807Solutions

Re: long service leave SA

Hi @angiemac 

Thanks for your post. Unused entitlement payroll categories, such as Unused LSL and Unused Annual Leave, are only used when processing termination pays. They refer to entitlements that are being paid out not taken, leave hours taken during employment are 'used' by the employee while leave not taken is 'unused'.

This help article has detailed information on setting up a long service leave entitlement: Long service leave

This help article explains termination payroll categories: Create payroll categories for termination payments

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

angiemac
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thankyou for your reply, that makes sense seeing it was part of a termination payment. The articles are good also, however, nothing showed up in entitlements and the employment was only 6 years and 9 months so I am thinking it was taken in error. I thought perhaps myob would automatically show entitlement at the time an employee becomes entitled and that if the termination is prior to the minimun 7 year employment, it would not be available to take. 

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
5,146 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,146Posts

735Kudos

807Solutions

Hi @angiemac 

As Long Service Leave rules are different for each state and for different industries, employers do need to set up, accrue and pay LSL as per the rules specific to their business. As such, it's not possible for the software to automatically determine an employees entitlement or when it should be paid. 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post