long service leave

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Tina1959
Experienced Cover User
112 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

112Posts

18Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

long service leave

I am getting a warning saying that there will be a negative balance if I pay long service leave - I want to pay 6.5 hours and there is a balance showing of about 55 hours - why am I getting a warning notice? The warning says there is a current balance of negative 35 hours but when I look at the actual staff entitlement record it says there is a balance of positive 55 hours. Also if paying 6.5 hours would leave a balance of negative 41 hours why did I not get a warning in last weeks payroll run?

8 REPLIES 8
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: long service leave

Hi @Tina1959 

Thanks for your post. We are aware of an issue in 2020.2 where paying employee leave is generating the message Paying this leave will result in a negative leave balance for <insert employee name>. This issue is currently being investigated by our developers. 

The warning message is being displayed incorrectly and the underlying figures will be correct. If a user proceeds with the pay the employee’s figures will be updated correctly and they will have the correct balance displayed on the pay slip. Reports and the employee's card file will also show the correct figures after the pay has been processed. 

As long as the employee has enough leave to cover the amount of leave being taken, the warning message can be safely ignored. It is only the warning message that is displaying incorrectly.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Tina1959
Experienced Cover User
112 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

112Posts

18Kudos

0Solutions

Perfect!

thanks Tracey

SuezyM
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

15Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

Its now November and a couple of updates have gone through since the original answer was provided about long service leave showing negative balances.  Mine is still showing negative balance after entering balances and payment.  Your developers were looking into it back in June, can you advise what is happening with this Error please.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @SuezyM 

Can you please clarify if you are referring to receiving the warning message  Paying this leave will result in a negative leave balance for when processing a pay that includes leave?

Or in the employee card>>Payroll details<<Entitlements tab are you seeing a negative balance? 

Please do let me know so that I can assist you.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

SuezyM
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

15Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

To clarify ... I received the warning message whilst doing the pay and the negative balance also shows up in the employees Card Info under Entitlements

SuezyM
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

15Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I received the warning message whilst doing the pay and the negative balance also shows up in the employees Card Info under Entitlements

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @SuezyM 

Thanks for clarifying, it appears that you have a different issue. You are receiving that warning message because there is a negative balance in the employee card, so the software is behaving as expected by giving that warning.

Your issue is that you have a negative balance in the employee card. Did you enter an amount into the Balance Adjustment column at the start of the new financial year? There was an issue where doing this created a negative amount in the Carry Over column. If so, we do recommend processing a $0 pay to adjust that entitlement instead of entering the amount in the Balance Adjustment column. 

This help article has detailed information on adjusting entitlements: Adjusting leave entitlements

Please do let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

SuezyM
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

15Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

I entered the balance directly into the Entitlement section on the Employee Card.

I have now processed a Zero pay with the LSL entitlement only. 

This has resulted in Balance being a Positive 276.209 (amount entered manually into card), Carry Over is   -279.209 (negative amount), Year to Date is 239.476 (positive amount less LSL taken and accumulated, and the Total is the also 239.476 (which is correct).

Thank you for your help

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post