payroll issue

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MargSI
Trusted Cover User
65 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

65Posts

7Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

payroll issue

Hi

I processed a payroll with incorrect tax deduction amount for one employee. I then reversed that particular pay for that person and processed a correct one.

Now when I use pay liabiities to process my PAYG payment the amount is incorrect. Shouldnt the reversal have removed that incorrect amount and my correct pay should be now calculating in the PAG payable?

Please help as I need to reconcile

1 REPLY 1
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: payroll issue

Hi @MargSI 

You are correct that in AccountRight, reversing the pay would return the payroll figures back to the level before the original pay run was recorded, deleting the pay has the same effect. 

When you go to Pay Liabilities, set the Liability Type to Taxes and tick the PAYG Withholding payroll category, it will display a combined PAYG amount. This figure is the sum of all employees's PAYG amounts recorded within the date period specified. If this total is incorrect, it may not necessarily be related to the reversed pay. 

I'd suggest clicking on the arrow next to the PAYG Withholding category from the Pay Liabilities window, it should bring up the Find Transactions window and lists all applicable pay runs that contributed to the final total figure. The total should be the result of the Total Accruals - Total Expenses. Please do check if any other pays on the list were not recorded correctly. If you are expecting certain pay runs to be included in the selected period but it's not listed, please double check the payment date of the payroll transaction. 

Please feel free to let us know how you go.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post