payroll transaction deleted

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Ness2
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

payroll transaction deleted

I have  2 employees in my payroll.  They were both processed. Before the payslips were emailed I accidently deleted one of the transactions. The 2 pays have been sent to the ATO but only one is now showing in the transaction journal and therefore I can't email the payslip.

How do I get that missing pay back into AccountRight without resending it to the ATO?

6 REPLIES 6
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: payroll transaction deleted

Hi @Ness2 

Thanks for your post. STP updates the YTD amounts each time you declare a payrun and the ATO look at the YTD amounts. So you will need to reprocess the pay in AccountRight and wait for that report to be accepted in the Payroll Reporting Centre. Then process a $0 pay with the payment date as the current date and send that pay to the ATO. Once that report has been accepted the YTD amounts will be updated and corrected with the ATO.

You can check that the YTD amounts are correct by running the YTD verification report (EOFY finalisation tab) and checking it against the Payroll Activity and Payroll Register reports.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Newk
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

@Tracey_H 

Hi Tracey, 

Very usedfull information.

I have the similar case , i have record pay on july 2020 and accidentlly deleted it ( payroll already paid from bank account) but how about after reproceed the pay and we need to record eletronic transction in prepare electrtonic payment. 

Thank you 

Ness2
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Do I only reprocess the pay that is missing in Accountright or do I reprocess the whole payrun that has been sent via STP to the ATO?

How does sending a pay with $0 fix the YTD totals?

Sorry, just very confused and want to get it right.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Newk 

If that pay was included in an electronic payment you would have needed to delete the electronic payment transaction before the software would allow you to delete the payroll transaction. As such, your bank reconciliation would now be out of balance because that electronic payment transaction was deleted.

You would need to undo the bank reconciliations back to July, reprocess the pay transaction, reprocess the electronic payment transaction and redo the bank reconciliations.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Ness2 

You only need to reprocess the missing pay. Wait until that STP report has been accepted in the Payroll reporting centre then process a $0 pay with the payment date as today. 

A $0 pay creates an STP update event, which just means that it sends through the YTD amounts @ the payment date.  This post has detailed information that may help with STP: How does STP work?

Please let me know if you have further questions.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Ness2
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User