payroll

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Wilfords
Experienced Cover User
132 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

132Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

payroll

Hello

I have entered a payroll and paid the staff (but not through myob. I paid direct from our bank account)

I then realised the deductions were incorrect and so I deleted the incorrect transactions.

I am not sure whether I should have reversed the transactions.

If I should have reversed the transactions, should I just re-post the incorrect transactions and then reverse them.

I am not sure how this would affect what has been sent to the ATO

Hoping you can help me

Regards

Lindy

2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: payroll

Hi @Wilfords 

Generally speaking it's a business choice whether you would delete or reverse incorrect transactions. If you require an audit trail or have multiple admin staff reversals can be beneficial but from an AccountRight perspective it's fine to delete incorrect transactions.

How you correct the pays now will depend on whether the net amount has changed. If it has changed it may be easier to re-enter the incorrect pays and then adjust the pay as per this support note - Fixing a payroll overpayment or underpayment.

If you had a situation where the net pay was the same you could delete the incorrect pay and reprocess correctly. STP updates the YTD amounts each time you send a report and the ATO are interested in the YTD amounts. So when you declare the corrected pay the YTD amounts are updated and corrected with the ATO.

With regard to paying your employee's wages, MYOB doesn't transfer the wage amounts to your employee's bank accounts. You do need to do that by entering manually in internet banking or by creating and uploading an ABA file and authorising that payment in internet banking.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Wilfords
Experienced Cover User
132 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

132Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: payroll

Hello Tracey

Thank you for the information.

I just need to confirm with you that I am doing this right.

The net pay of the staff member was overpaid by 1c.

I did originally delete the incorrect pay and entered the correct pay.

but on reading your advice about the 'net' amount being changed, I deleted the correct pay and re-entered the incorrect pay.

So I now do an adjustment pay by entering -01c in the "Base Salary" section.

Is this correct?

Regards

Lindy

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post