payroll

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
DMadmin
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

18Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

payroll

Hi there

I recorded pays and created an ABA folder (and the next day realised that one employees pay was paid) - so I went backinto tranasction journal and the arrow is blue, so I go to Command Centre - Prepare electronic transaction, follow along as per normal and create ABA etc and pay the pay.

Today i go to do a bank recon and 2 tranasctions have come up for this particular pay - the correct amount (which is the blue arrow i clicked on) has not recorded to the ABA (i didn't think to check the amount was correct) and the pay that has gone to the ABA was for $6 more and is a pay recorded back in 2016!!!

How is it even possible that this would happen? Has anyone had some this strange happen?

Is it possible to reverse the payslip from 2016 or would it effect historical data.

I'm guessing some kind of MYOB malfunction but I need to know how to delete that old slip that is now attached to an EFT for this week.

3 REPLIES 3
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: payroll

Hi @DMadmin 

Thanks for your post.  From what you are describing it sounds like the correct pay transation has the Pay From Account set as the Bank account instead of the Electronic Payment account. That would explain why it wasn't included in the ABA file and why it appears in the bank reconciliation. You can check if this is the case by opening the transaction and checking the Pay From Account.

The 2016 pay sounds like an old transaction that was never cleared from the Prepare Electronic Payments window. When you record a transaction and select Electronic Payment, the Pay from Account is the Electronic Clearing account. Preparing an Electronic Payment has two parts, creating the ABA file and recording the AccountRight transaction. The AccountRight transaction transfers the amount from the Electronic Clearing Account to the bank account. Which explains why this transaction is now in the Reconcile Accounts window.

You can't delete or reverse the 2016 pay as it's from a previous payroll year and it's not the pay itself which has caused the problem. The payment of that pay is the issue. You can delete/reverse the Electronic Payments transaction, which will remove it from the bank account and put it back in Prepare Electronic Payments window. 

If I understand correctly, the amount you have paid the employee is incorrect also. This help article, Fixing a payroll overpayment or underpayment, will help with fixing that.

Please let me know how you go with this.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

DMadmin
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

18Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for the reply..

I checked the PAY FROM ACCOUNT and it is set as EFT Clearing Account so that is correct.

I will try to delete the electronic payment and then try to fix the overpayment.

I'm just trying to be aware that the correct pay amount was sent to the ATO YTD (I didn't re-send when doing the electroinc payment) - it is just that physically we have overpaid $6.50 (so am thinking if it would be better to ask my accountant if we write the $6.50 off and that way the ATO year to dates aren't affected??) 

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @DMadmin 

STP updates the YTD amounts each time you send a report and the ATO are interested in the YTD amounts. Doing an adjustment for the overpayment as per the help article I provided will keep the YTD amounts up-to-date so STP will be correct.

If you continue to have issues with this you can send me screenshots by private message.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post