"Banking" leave

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MT1982
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

"Banking" leave

I administer a payroll of 18 employees who are essentially casuals. Everyone gets paid an hourly rate for their hours worked, those hours vary every fortnight at the discretion of the employee.  There is no paid annual leave or sick leave in the traditional sense. PAYG withholding is deducted and remitted every month. Super guarantee is paid by the company and remitted every quarter.  We are now trying to devise a system for "banking" hours worked to be paid as a universal type of "leave" at a future time.  In other words, we are attempting to offer a mechanism whereby employees can access that bank of their hours worked but not paid to them at the time, in the future.  It is totally at the discretion of each individual employee as to whether they want to take up the offer of this scheme. I would appreciate hearing your thoughts on this idea as well as solutions for taking account of such a scheme in MYOB.  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: "Banking" leave

Hi @MT1982 

Here is what I would do if had a situation where employees are using their paid hours as banked leave hours for the future:

The Setup:

1. Go to Payroll>>Payroll Categories>>Wages>>New - Give the category a name i.e. "Reduction for banked hours" and set the type of wages to be hourly. You will also need to select Employee and tick the relevant employee(s)
  2. You would also need to repeat the process of creating a new wage category for a category that will pay out the employee's leave. You will also need to select Employee and tick the relevant employee(s)
  3. Once those categories have been set up, go to Payroll>>Payroll Categories>>Entitlements>>New - Give the category a name i.e. "Banked hours".  Set the calculation basis to be User Amount per Pay Period and the set the Linked Wages category to be the wages category created at Step 2. You will also need to select Employee and tick the relevant employee(s)

Processing the pay
When you want to process the pay for an employee where they wish to bank some of the hours worked, you would enter the full amount of hours worked against the Base Hourly category i.e they worked 48 hours and want to bank 8 of those hours you would enter 48 against Base Hourly. You would then need to enter the number of banked hours against the wage category created at Step 1 of the set up but as a NEGATIVE (i.e. -8 hours against that wage category). You will also need to manually enter the same amount of hours against the Entitlement category as a POSITIVE. (i.e. 8 hours against that entitlement category)

Processing a bank where they are using that leave

You would just need to use that wage category created at Step 2 of the set up when the employee is going to take the leave (entered as a positive value).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

MT1982
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: "Banking" leave

Thank you Steven_M.  I will set up as you advise.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post