reinstating a pay from the previous payroll year

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MT1982
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

reinstating a pay from the previous payroll year

Hi.  My situation is this.  I had paid everyone, produced Payment Summaries, balanced and closed the 2018-19 payroll year.  I had then done a backup and closed the payroll year. After doing all that, I noticed that one employee's pay (their last pay of the year) had been tagged as Electronic and I wanted to change that to Cheque so foolishly, I was able to delete the pay but of course was not able to re-do with the correct Cheque designation.  So now my bank rec is out and wont be correct until I manage to put this one payn back in the right place.  Can anyone help with the steps that must be taken to achieve this please?  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: reinstating a pay from the previous payroll year

Hi @MT1982 

Thanks for your post. To reenter that pay you would need to restore a backup and then reenter all data into the file since that date. The other, and far easier, option would be to enter a General Journal transaction to replicate the affect on the accounts. If you're unsure about recording that journal I would recommend speaking to your accountant. You could also use a previous pay for guidance, if you open a payroll transaction and then press Crtl+R, it will recap that transaction and show the affected accounts.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

MT1982
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: reinstating a pay from the previous payroll year

Thanks Tracey_H.  I have been mulling this problem over for some time and had decided to do as you suggest with a journal entry for the original transaction.  It was great to get your suggestions and validation.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post