Partner Zone
Partner Zone

super missing from job report

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced User Luth
23 Posts
Experienced User
Luth
Experienced User

23Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

super missing from job report

Still getting used to Accountright, sorry. 

I've just produced a Job profit/loss report for a recent job, and it included the payroll wages for the job as an expense, but not the superannuation amount.

In the payroll window, I wasn't able to allocate a job number to the super line like I could for the hourly rate line. 

How do I include super costs in the report? It's skewing the data pretty badly at the moment!

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
MYOB Staff Post Matyas_K
699 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
Australia
Matyas_K
MYOB Staff Post

699Posts

49Kudos

118Solutions

Re: super missing from job report

Hello @Luth,

When adding a job to the superannuation line on the payslip you will need to assign it to the SGC expense line.  Alternatively an easier way to add it would be to assign it on the employees card.  If you go to [Employee Card] > Payroll Details > Standard Pay you will be able to add the job code there.  Once done the accrual amounts processed against that job code will come up on the report.  Please keep in mind that this will only take into account amounts processed after the job code has been assigned, as you won't be able to retrospectively assign the job codes to past pay slips.  If you need to include the accrual amounts you will need to delete and re-record those employee pays including the correct job codes against the payroll categories prior to recording.

I hope that this helps you - please do not hesitate to post again should you require any further assistance.

Regards,
Matyas

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced User Luth
23 Posts
Experienced User
Luth
Experienced User

23Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Matyas,
That helps if it was regular, and only for one job. In any given pay period, an employee might work on 2 or 3 different jobs, on different pay scales. These come up as seperate lines in the payroll, but the super guarentee is just one line.

Eg. An employee is paid:
Base hourly : $500, job #001
Custom pay category #1 : $200, job #002
Custom pay category #2 : $100, job #001

Super guarentee: $75(ish), only one job able to be assigned.

How can I get the right account of super assigned to the right jobs, when is all calculated on the gross pay amount?
MYOB Staff Post Matyas_K
699 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
Australia
Matyas_K
MYOB Staff Post

699Posts

49Kudos

118Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hello @Luth,

You can certainly assign more than one job to the one superannuation guarantee category.  However this cannot be setup to be done on a regular basis using the Standard Pay screen.  This is due to the fact that MYOB won't know what the potential breakdown of the job allocations will be.  The amounts will need to be manually allocated in this instance.  You will only be able to split the SGC amount between the different jobs in the pay employee window before recording the pay run.

I hope that this helps you, let me know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Matyas

Did my answer help?

Experienced User Luth
23 Posts
Experienced User
Luth
Experienced User

23Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Matyas,
I just had a test run and got it working! I see what you mean about manually allocating - that's where I was getting stuck. I didn't realise you could change those numbers, so it kept jumping back to only one job because the others were set to $0.

Thanks heaps!
MYOB Staff Post Matyas_K
699 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
Australia
Matyas_K
MYOB Staff Post

699Posts

49Kudos

118Solutions

Thank you for letting us know that you have successfully split the SGC between your job codes - you are most welcome @Luth.  Please do post again on the MYOB Community Forum if you have any further issues.

Regards,
Matyas

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post