9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

superannuation new employee not calculating

After updating the super to 10%, all existing employees super is calculating correctly.  But when I added a new casual employee that is working over our standard  38 base hours, no super is being calculated.  I have her selected for superannuation on her employee card, I have her selected for superannuation on the list of employees.  When I do a pay run for her,  38 hours base plus overtime, no super is calculating.  I have done a "0" pay run to try and clear anything but it wil still not calculate any super.  I have noticed that if I put over 38 hours in the base hours ie 39 hours of base, then it will calculate 1 hour of super.  Can you suggest anything?  I have attached copies of screenshots.

6 REPLIES 6
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
43,275 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

43,275Posts

5,816Kudos

6,465Solutions

Re: superannuation new employee not calculating

Hi @HBERobyn 

How much is the employee being paid in that first pay? Sounds like the employee hasn't reached the threshold of $450 per month with that pay thus no superannuation has been calculated. 

If that pay is $450 or more, it is likely that you have had an adjustment amount or a pay in the month that is causing the superannuation to not be calculated. Take a look at the Pay History of that employee for the month to see if that is the case.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

HBERobyn
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

No ,she has had three payruns to date and I am having to manually enter the super.  Each pay has been in excess of $450

HBERobyn
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

In August she earnt $1589.92 and didnt get any super.

In Sept she has so far earnt $1693.21 again it didnt calculate any super but I noticed it and I have manually paid $268.69 but I still owe her $59.62.  I can see that in the month of September it looks like I have paid her too much but I need to backdate the payment.  I can persevere for the month of September manually changing the amount until it is correct BUT why did this happen in the first place and will it be right in October???

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
43,275 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

43,275Posts

5,816Kudos

6,465Solutions

Hi @HBERobyn 

Apologies, it sounded like it was a new employee that was being paid.

So we can look into this further, we would need to grab the screenshots of the following information to investigate in more detail:

• The Superannuation information window - Payroll>>Payroll Categories>>Superannuation>>Select the superannuation category
  • A list of the exempt categories for that superannuation category (Exempt button in that Superannuation information window).
  • A copy of the Pay Employee window for that employee showing a different superannuation value than expected
  • The pay history for that particular month for that employee - Card File>>Cards Lists>>Employees>>Select the employee's card>>Payroll Details>>Pay History (LEFT-hand side)>>Show pay history for x month (the same as that of the payment date of that pay).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

HBERobyn
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have already attached the screen shots on my initial post.  Do you want me to re-send them?

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
43,275 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

43,275Posts

5,816Kudos

6,465Solutions

Hi @HBERobyn 

Despite your efforts to remove or block the information in those initial screenshots that you uploaded, we have since removed them from the Forum. The information contained in those screenshots only gave us an overview of the superannuation category and an indication that the employee was linked to the superannuation category. The requested screenshots give more detail into the history of that employee and would offer clear insight into what is occurring with that superannuation calculation.

To answer your question directly, we would not require the screenshots you originally uploaded, however the requested ones outlined in my previous post.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post