superannuation

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
NT45678
Experienced Cover User
66 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

66Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

superannuation

I have an employee who salary sacrifices to super. When I use the 'pay superannuation' function in Payroll (save super contribution file) to record the super that needs to be paid the salary sacrifice component does not show up. Only the SGC employer contributions. How do I get the salary sacrifice component to be included as well?

5 REPLIES 5
Gayathri
1,144 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,144Posts

0Kudos

122Solutions

Re: superannuation

Hi @NT45678,

Thank you for the post!

I am linking you to one of our help articles on Set up salary sacrifice superannuation which gives you information on set up salary sacrifice as part of pay for superannuation.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Gayathri

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

NT45678
Experienced Cover User
66 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

66Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks but this does not answer my question. I already have the salary sacrifice deduction set up. But these deductions do not appear in the list with normal SGC super when I use the 'pay superannuation' function in Payroll (save super contribution file) to record the total super that needs to be paid to the super fund.

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

HI @NT45678 

Under the Payroll >> Payroll Categories is the salary sacrifice set up under the Superannuation tab or the Deduction tab? If the payroll category had been set up as a deduction and not the superannuation tab then AccountRight won’t pick up that it is superannuation and it wont appear in the Pay Super functionality.

To correct this you would need to first create the salary sacrifice payroll category under the superannuation tab and do a void pay to move the amounts onto the correct category. This void pay would have the monthly amount of salary sacrifice recorded in reverse against the original deduction and correctly against the new category. So if a normal pay has negative figures against the payroll category, these would need to be entered as a positive against the original payroll category and a negative figure against the new one

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

NT45678
Experienced Cover User
66 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

66Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Neil it was correctly set up under superannuation, not deduction. But it does not come up in payments

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

HI @NT45678 

I would be inclined to check the Pay Liabilities section and look for the salary sacrifice under each of the different liability types for a date range that encompasses the payment date of each pay. The Pay Liabilities window will show all unpaid payroll liabilities within the specified timeframe.

If the salary sacrifice didn’t show under any of the payroll liability categories then that would mean that there were no unpaid salary sacrifice liabilities within the specified date range, and as such they wouldn’t show under the Pay Super window

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post