Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

48Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

uncalculated super on annual leave loading

Hi, I am on Accoutnright Live and have a little dilema:

So super on Leave Loading was not set up on our MYOB and as the ATO now states that it should, I am trying to figure out how I enter this into MYOB.  At this stage I have been advised to calculate and back pay amount of super owing back to April 2018. I have worked out what is owing, but im not sure how to enter it into MYOB for it to be picked up properly etc. Can anyone walk me through it please?

Kind regards,

Monica

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
34,093 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,093Posts

4,570Kudos

4,970Solutions

Re: uncalculated super on annual leave loading

Hi @monsta76 

Firstly, I would make sure that you have it set up correctly going forward. For example, go to Payroll>>Payroll Categories>>Superannuation>>Select the desired superannuation category then the Exempt button. Should the category need to be included in the calculation you would want to ensure that it is NOT ticked in the Exempt window, ticking that payroll transaction will make it exempt.

In terms of past pays, you would work out the amount that is ending to be paid (9.5% of the amount paid for that category). Once you have calculated, you want to record an adjustment payroll transaction for the employee(s). To do this:

1. Go to Payroll>>Process Payroll
  2. Select the relevant employee(s), pay period dates and payment date* before selecting Next
  3. Click the arrow next to the employee's name to bring up the Pay Employee window
  4. Remove all the values on that pay i.e. no wages, tax, entitlements...
  5. Enter the desired amount of superannuation for the employee
  6. Ensure that the Net Pay value is $0.00 before recording the pay. Note: you will receive a prompt related to it being a void pay, this is due to the net pay being $0.00, just select Ok to that message and record as per normal

*I would recommend ensuring that the payment date is in a past month. As superannuation is calculated on a month by month basis, any adjustments that you did make into the current month would affect the current's month superannuation. So recording that in a previous month would be the recommendation.

Our Help article: Checking and adjusting superannuation has more information on the process of recording that adjustment pay.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced User monsta76
48 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

48Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: uncalculated super on annual leave loading

Thank you so much Steven! It is muchly appreciated and it all worked perfectly.

Kind regards,

Monica  Smiley Very Happy

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post