AccountRight 2017.1 Clearwater Sample file has expired

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

AccountRight 2017.1 Clearwater Sample file has expired

Hi - I am using AccountRight Student Edition 2017.1 for my training and the Clearwater sample file has expired.  Is it possible to download a new version of this file?

Many thanks

Janet

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
1,902 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,902Posts

222Kudos

221Solutions

Re: AccountRight 2017.1 Clearwater Sample file has expired

Hi Janet @janetkingston 

Thanks for your post. I hope you're finding plenty of useful tips, advice and support on the community forum. 

You will need to create a new sample company file.  Additional information in the link. 

If this answers your post please mark 'Accept as Solution' to help other users in their search. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Theresa,

Thanks for your update - so you are saying there is no way I can get a copy of Clearwater for 2017.1 what is NOT read only.

Janet

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
1,902 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,902Posts

222Kudos

221Solutions

Hi @janetkingston 

Typically there is a 30 trial access, or access within a purchased file for clients to use with their subscription.  For your situaiton I would consult your education provider to see if they have a company file you can access. Your professor or institution may have more information on the Student Edition that they are asking you to use. 

I hope this clarifies. If this has answered your post please mark 'Accept as Solution' to help others in their search.

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Theresa,

The Clearwater sample file is one that is provided by MYOB with the 2017 education software installation and hence is not an access limited 'trial' file.  As it has come directly from MYOB I was hoping that MYOB would be able to provide a new copy that has not expired.

Janet

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
1,902 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,902Posts

222Kudos

221Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi Janet, 

The Clearwater file is a sample file provided that has an included expiration date since it is not intended for long use.  Older versions of the software would all have the Clearwater files expired at this point.  This has to do with software protection and licensing which is layed out in our Terms of Use. 

You can either start a new file for 30 days or look at the Student Edition I linked above which allows you to work in a file. 

I hope this clarifies. If this answers your post please mark 'Accept as Solution' so other users with this question can find this post easier. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post