BAS issues

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Jel
3 Posts
Cover User
Jel
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

BAS issues

Hi,
I am in the final task of my BAS assessment and currently work as a bookkeeper. In my Cash Basis Accrual report my ABN witholding amount is correct, however when i do my BAS and select ABN from setup it comes through with $0.00. Unfortunately my teacher doesnt know how to fix it and i was hoping someone here would know how!

Thank you in advance!
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Ultimate Partner GDay53
2,000 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
GDay53
Ultimate Partner

2363Posts

2155Kudos

517Solutions

Re: BAS issues

@Jel

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

When you setup up the BAS LINK click on lodge manually the BAS Info.

ABN Withholding should ONLY be included at G11 Purchases and at W4.

Now what are the payroll reporting periods, are they a Small withholder (Quarterly) or a medium withholder (Monthly).

As the W4 reporting is part of the Monthly reported IAS, if they report monthly and it does not fall within the last month of the quarter the ABN withholding will be reported on the IAS not the BAS.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
First Class Accounts Clayfield
Mobile: 0402 841 627
gday@firstclassaccounts.com
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
Jel
3 Posts
Cover User
Jel
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Graeme,

Thank you for your reply! They are reporting Quartely for payroll and it is a manual lodgement. Fellow students are clicking on the ABN setup at G11 and the $1500 amount is coming through... we all have the same file, and reports all match one another, however my amount coming through is $0.00 which does not match my reports. I am uncertain if there is a work around for this?

Thank you in advance,

Jel
Ultimate Partner GDay53
2,000 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
GDay53
Ultimate Partner

2363Posts

2155Kudos

517Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

@Jel

The only other thing is to check your dates.

When you choose the year remember that we are now in the 2019 year (1/7/18 to 30/6/19).

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
First Class Accounts Clayfield
Mobile: 0402 841 627
gday@firstclassaccounts.com
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
Jel
3 Posts
Cover User
Jel
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you for taking the time to help me Graeme.

The dates were correct, it appears to have been a glitch with the student file provided. I resolved it by deleting the payment, deleting the transaction, re-entering and re-paying. It now comes through as it should.
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post