Easy setup -payables

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Easy setup -payables

Hi,

I am a student currently using MYOB software to complete a case study. When setting up the General ledger and opening balances 'accounts payable' is recorded as $45000. When entering in my purchases through easy setup assist my 'total linked account balance' equals $50000, leaving 'out of balance amount' -$5000. I was wondering how to check what account could be linked making it out of balance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
12,781 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

12,781Posts

1,518Kudos

1,803Solutions

Re: Easy setup -payables

Hi @student4 

Generally speaking, if you were having difficulty with an assignment its worth seeking advice from your instructor.

In terms of checking which account is linked as the purchases control account, I recommend having a look at our help article What are linked accounts? This article steps through the different linked accounts and how to check them.

Note that we cannot advise what account to select for a linked account. Typically this would be something that your accountant would advise upon

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post