Australia
eNat
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Student Edition 2017 installation "could not access network location" problem

Hi

I am trying to install the 2017 MYOB student edition on Windows 7 so I can get help with my assignments at work. I don't have MYOB currently on my computer.

I did this last year with the 2015 student edition when I was at a different company but needed to ring MYOB tech support to help me. There was some thing that needed to be done and I can't find info on the MYOB forums of how to fix this.

Could not access network location

\\Tank\RedirectedFolders\nat\My Documents\\MYOB\MY AccountRight Files.

I've checked and the folder is there...

Can someone please help with the work around or the give me the link to the instructions.

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
6,837 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

6837Posts

737Kudos

951Solutions

Re: Student Edition 2017 installation "could not access network location" problem

Hi @eNat

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great resource.

Generally speaking a Could not access network location error message means that when AccountRight is trying to install it isn’t able to access the correct locations to install. This can happen if you don’t have sufficient permissions to install AccountRight into the correct locations, or there may be a folder redirection in place.

I recommend speaking with your company’s IT professional to ensure that you do have sufficient permissions to install to that location and if there is any folder redirection in place to see if they can disable it for you so you can install AccountRight on that computer.

Do let us know how you get on with this

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
eNat
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
eNat
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Student Edition 2017 installation "could not access network location" problem

Hi Neil

Thanks, but I have full administrator rights.

Last time this happened, I vaguely remember something about having to manually either create a path or folder.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post