Partner Zone
Partner Zone

activation

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing User Petra87
5 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Petra87
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

activation

Good afternoon, 

I purchased education edition for mac book and I would like to ask how can I activate my file? When I want to open my old files it will comes with page of activation the company file. 

Thank you for your answer. 

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31525Posts

4114Kudos

4591Solutions

Re: activation

Hi @Petra87

Education Editions of the software are provided for use within a school or education provider. Company files that are created by these will need to be activated by the relevant education provider's Education Edition software for by use within that software and the Student Edition. If you are running an Education Edition and aren't of the serial number do speak to another colleague or someone senior that may have that particular number.

A Student Edition of the software is a set of versions that can be installed on a computer by students to complete tasks and open files created from the Education Edtion to complete their studies.

• If you have been given a company file from your Education provider it will generally contain a serial number and not require activation (as it was activated under the Education Edition).
  • If you are creating a new file for your studies you can select the Activate Later option, this will allow you to use the company file for a period of time before it will be placed into read-only mode. 
  • If you are opening an older file that then the activation grace period may have expired and as such a new file would need to be created. Alternatively, you can open the file in read-only mode for viewing the file/data - note you will not be able to enter any new information.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post