combining 3 MYOB files

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User JgPerth
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
JgPerth
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

combining 3 MYOB files

Hi

We have got 3 separate MYOB files.  2 files for two projects and one for payroll.  What is the best way to combine them.  Also looking for upgrading to latest version (desktop only), what is the best sequence i..e, option [1] combine and upgrade or option [2] upgrade then combine? please advise.

Kind regards,

Jg

7 REPLIES 7
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31525Posts

4115Kudos

4595Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: combining 3 MYOB files

Hi @JgPerth

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

AccountRight company files are separate company files and thus doesn't allow for the user to combine multiple files into the one company file.

In some cases, you can look at exporting the data from one company file and importing into another company file. However, this is a complex process and not something that I would personally recommend, especially if you haven't exported and imported data before. Help Article: Importing and exporting data would be able to assist with that process if you required.

On the subject of upgrading a company file, you would install the required version on the computer (latest being AccountRight 2018.2). Once installed, you would select Upgrade a Company File on the Welcome Window and select the required file to upgrade. Help Article: Upgrading to the new AccountRight would be able to assist with that process.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
JgPerth
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

Thanks so much for your prompt response.

Kind regards,

Jg

22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
JgPerth
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

What if we start a new company file with latest version 2018.2, from the new financial year will all the set up addressing our 3 old files.  And leaving the 3 separate files as is?  this would avoid all the chaos comes with combining and then upgrading.

Would we be charged extra for having these many files? please clarify and also please advise if there are any disadvantages of the above method?

Kind regards

Jg

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31525Posts

4115Kudos

4595Solutions

Hi @JgPerth

I personally don't see any widespread impact of creating a new company file at the start of the new financial year and entering the data from those multiple files into the one file.

From a licencing point of view, you are licenced to use 30 company files on your serial number with only 3 active. This will allow you to create up to 17 new company files on your serial number if you decide to.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Ultimate Partner Kym__Yeoward
1,448 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Kym__Yeoward
Ultimate Partner

1640Posts

1025Kudos

127Solutions

Hi @JgPerth - welcome to the Community Forum !

You may like to contact a local MYOB Certified Consultant, from this list

Find an MYOB Advisor

CC's are experts in all things MYOB, including building a new company file from several previous files.

They can provide advice over the phone or through an on-site visit -at a reasonable cost (phone advice is often free).

If your company would like to look at divisional reporting within one file, there are some great third -party add-ons for this - see Add-ons for Budgeting and Forecasting. Such as Spotlight Reporting and Calxa Premier (popular with NGOs). You can also get customised reports from Smart Reports in Brisbane.

Kym Yeoward CPA and CC

Darwin (currently in Melbourne)

22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
JgPerth
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven

22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
JgPerth
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Kym

Thanks for your response.  I did contacted earlier, did not get confidence that the consultants will be able to address this.  I will continue to search.

Kind regards,

Jg

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post