Amount withheld at W4 on BAS

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
John_Maher
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Amount withheld at W4 on BAS

Hi all. I'm currently doing a cert iv course, and am stuck at a certain point. I am fairly sure that my explanation of my problem will be clear enough, so here goes:

My fictional supplier refuses to quote an ABN, so I have created a bill for his $195.00 invoice, with an "ABN" code, thus making the withholding payable $91.00 and my debt to him $104.00. I believe this is the correct procedure.

There is an amount in the Liabilities for the $91.00

BUT, when I "lodge" the BAS, the $91.00 does not appear at W4. And I HAVE ticked the "no ABN quoted" box.

Would someone mind explaining what I have done wrong here? Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Amount withheld at W4 on BAS

Hi @John_Maher 

Thanks for your post. As you're a student we're limited in the assistance we can provide, we can't give answers or advise how something should be done. However I can give you a hint, BAS fields are prefilled based on the field set up and the accounting method. If you've checked the set up is correct, check the accounting method. 

Please let me know how you go and good luck with your course.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post