BAS Online PAYG question

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Smiller
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

BAS Online PAYG question

Hi there, 

Can anyone tell me why the online BAS "W1 Total salary, wages and other payments" doesn't match the Payroll Register (Summary) amount. 

Even when I subtract any deductions, the values are different. Where does MYOB online pull this information from?

What is the best way to reconcile PAYG? Do people worry about this or just assume that MYOB online is correct? 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Haydes
MYOB Product Team
6,317 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,317Posts

1,108Kudos

903Solutions

Re: BAS Online PAYG question

Hi @Smiller

The fields should be grabbing the totals based on what Payroll Categories are linked to it.

I have seen a few cases where Salary Sacrifice has increased the W fields instead of decreasing which can cause the same problem you have reported. Could you check if this might be the same issue in your case?

Otherwise, what I recommend doing is running the Payroll Register [Detail] report as this will give you a full break down per-Category, then if you open the Online BAS page and go to: Settings > Set up activity statement fields, you can then check what Categories are associated to the W field and then check the figures accordingly. This can give you a much more in depth view if a specific category is throwing it out or the figures are all wrong.

Keep me posted on how you go.

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Product Team

Currently Working On:
Supplier Feeds | E-invoicing
In Tray
Previously Worked On:
MYOB Capture App | MYOB Invoices app
MYOB Support (2015-2019)

Smiller
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

@Haydes

Thanks for responding. 

Seems the problem is that it didn't include the holiday pay. I have added this in the settings but it hasn't changed the total amount at all. Do I need to worry about this or not? The tax withheld seems right so does the holiday pay need to be included? If so, how do I make it update with the  new settings? I tried running it again through MYOB but the amounts didn't change. Should I delete it first and then run again?

Smiller
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

@Haydes

So I deleted the Activity Statement and added Holiday Pay to the W1 area and now everything matches with the Payroll Register (Summary). THanks for your help. All good now. Heart

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post