BAS Preparation

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
kwest68
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
kwest68
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

BAS Preparation

Hi, I need some assistance.  I have generated my BAS using baslink and when the worksheet loads up it has the incorrect reporting period as Oct 2013 -Dec 2013.  I feel that I may have missed doing something. Even when I select the 2014 year I still get 2013.  I need 2015.  Hoping you can help.

Regards Kerry Westcott

5 REPLIES 5
Ultimate Partner Kym__Yeoward
1,448 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Kym__Yeoward
Ultimate Partner

1640Posts

1025Kudos

127Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: BAS Preparation

It seems your AccountRight data file has not yet been rolled-over to the 2014-15 year,

You can check your current financial year by going to Setup / Company Info - it might even still be showing 2013.

To rollover your file, first check with your accountant and get home/her to supply you with the year-end adjusting journal entries you need to enter to AccountRight - you may need 2 sets, for 30/6/13 and 30/6/14.

To rollover a file,:

- Enter your accountant's year-end journals

- Mack a backup (File-Backup)

- Do File - Close year - Close a Payroll Year

- Do File - Close a Financial Year

If your accountant has not yet given you the year-end journals you need, you can make a backup, then restore the backup under a new ledger name - such as ABC PL Working Copy - and then close the payroll year and financial year as above, to roll that file into 2014/15. (and get on to your accountant urgently. Rockets come to mind !).

MYOB Moderator Liam_M
1,796 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Liam_M
MYOB Moderator

3488Posts

1326Kudos

529Solutions

Hello @kwest68 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum. I hope you find it to be a useful resource.

I trust the excellent information provided by Kym above has helped you to resolve your issue. If there's anything else we can help you with, please feel free to post again.

Kind Regards

Liam
MYOB Client Support
kwest68
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
kwest68
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks very much.  I am waiting for response from the accountant.  So hopefully this will get them moving.

DCampbell
2 Posts
Cover User
DCampbell
Cover User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Actually having the same problem - trying to do the Jan-March period BAS but BASlink keeps trying to redo Oct-Dec last year.

The financial year is definitely set up for 2015, with the last month of the financial year set to June.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

DCampbell
2 Posts
Cover User
DCampbell
Cover User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved with the update to AccountEdge Pro Version 14.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post