BAS information incorrect

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Tricia257
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

BAS information incorrect

The information pre-filled on my BAS return when I am lodging online is different from the information pre-filled on my BAS return if I were to lodge manually.  For example in my March BAS GST on sales 1A was $8307 on the manual form and $4803 on the online form, and the GST on purchases 1B was $2156 on the manual form and $1724 on the online form.   How can I find the cause of this discrepancy?

3 REPLIES 3
Julie_A_C
Partner
3,363 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

3,363Posts

503Kudos

522Solutions

Re: BAS information incorrect

hi @Tricia257 

Are the online and manual both using the same method?  ie both cash or accruals, or is one using cash and the other using accruals.

When you go to reports, what figure is your GST Summary giving you?

Julie Carter AIPA, BBus(Acctg),
MYOB Professional Partner, Registered BAS Service Provider
Associate Member of Institute of Public Accountants
Member Association of Accounting Technicians
ph: 0417 927 654 email: accuratebooks7@gmail.com
JAC' of All Trades Bookkeeping (Servicing from Leederville to Pinjarra, Fremantle to Armadale WA)

If this post answered your question, please mark it as a solution to assist others.
If you found it helpful, please use the thumbs up.

Tricia257
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

I'm using Accountright Plus.  The PREPARE BAS button has two options.  One tab is Prepare Manually and the other is Prepare Online.  I thought they prepared the BAS return using the same informatio.   The settings say it is a cash system.   If I go into the Reports GST Summary the figures are the same as the ones inserted into the Prepare Online BAS return.   It looks like the figures being pre-filled into the Prepare Manually BAS return are the incorrect ones.  Any suggestion as to how to fix this?

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

60Kudos

140Solutions

Hi @Tricia257 

Thank you for your post. 

In this matter, Firstly you need to ensure that you are using the latest version of AccountRight. 

To check on the issue, kindly follow these steps

• You need to check BAS settings for manual and online to ensure same tax codes are selected
  • Check on BAS if they are filling for the same period
  • GST cash/accrual report for a quarter on both browser and desktop are similar 
  • Sales/Purchase Report on Both Browser and Desktop are similar depending on which BAS figure is incorrect. 
  • If G! Value is incorrect then compare the sales report.

On Online BAS

• Update the details by clicking on "Update From Ledger" This will ensure the values are updated. 
  • Then try to setup the BAS set up again online by going to Set up activity statement fields, deselect the tax codes and save, set up again to see if the refreshes the BAS value online
  • Generate the GST report monthly basis on both browser and desktop to figure out which month is picking up incorrect values
  • Check if they have any general journal entries and check if that adds up to the difference and also do check the tax codes entered in the journal

Let me know how you go, and if you still need further assistance with this. 

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post